Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 1st month on HRT Femoston 1/10 the headaches on the grey tabs are a killer  (Read 1199 times)

Klt

I thought I could handle them as I have loads of headaches but 11 days in with no let up is getting me down what with my other ailments and local lockdown

NicolaJ

Oh no! This is so awful for you. I am also on my first month of Femoston 1/10 and have been dreading the grey. I felt amazing on the white and this has continued on the grey. Is this your first HRT or have you tried others yet? I was awful on Elleste Duet so tried to avoid noresthisterone this time. So far so good. I know you’re supposed to give it three months to see if this settles, This will be tough if it continues. Keep me posted. Fingers crossed it settles for you.

Klt

I’m definitely going to see the 3 months through I bought some better painkillers yesterday as paracetamol wasn’t cutting it

NicolaJ

Bless you, hope you’re ok. A friend of mine came off these for the same reason, its so difficulty to know without at least giving it a try. Keep me posted xx

Klt

Oh no! This is so awful for you. I am also on my first month of Femoston 1/10 and have been dreading the grey. I felt amazing on the white and this has continued on the grey. Is this your first HRT or have you tried others yet? I was awful on Elleste Duet so tried to avoid noresthisterone this time. So far so good. I know you’re supposed to give it three months to see if this settles, This will be tough if it continues. Keep me posted. Fingers crossed it settles for you.

How are you getting on? I suppose month 2 has been better as I took about 5 grey tablets before the headaches started but once they start they’re so bad I haven’t taken today’s tablet, I can’t decide whether to not take it or start taking them at bedtime with the idea that the worst will be while I’m sleeping and see if I can see the whole 3 months through

Argh can’t decide

Klt

In context though I have the joint pain in various areas of my left side and tinnitus and due to COVID none of these issues are getting their diagnostics quickly so I’m left suffering, there’s a part of me that feels that I’m just adding to my problems by trying to get onto successful hrt treatment when face to face appointments are so slow and difficult to get etc and I should stop it till the pandemic is over

NicolaJ

Oh no, this sounds awful for you. I’m struggling a bit more this month. For me it’s digestive issues. As soon as I eat anything it ends up repeating on me for hours. I ate my evening meal tonight so ridiculously slowly and chewed everything so much. Headaches are more unbearable though. Have you tried any other HRT? My friend who struggled on Femeston has settled on Trisequens as her first choice Elleste Duet is not available. Let me know how you get on x

Lalb1

Hi, I was on Femoston 2/10 for a month and the 2nd part of the dose made me feel even worse than the 1st part. I had bad headaches which got worse to the point of migraines. Ended up at the hospital due to loss of sight from migraines. Which the doctor says was due to high blood pressure caused by the HRT. Please be aware of changes in headaches and blood pressure.