Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Need advice on changing HRT and hot flushes and anxiety  (Read 641 times)

Marie200012

• First Flush
Need advice on changing HRT and hot flushes and anxiety
« on: September 21, 2020, 07:44:44 PM »

Hi there
First time here and would love advice please? Diagnosed as peri-menopausal I have been on cyclical HRT for 6 years, now aged 47. Moved from Elleste Duet 2 mg tablets to Evorel Sequi Patches. Never had my usual bleed on the patches and didn’t feel well, hot flushes, anxiety, panic attacks. GP agreed that I should switch back to Elleste Duet. I was half way through course of patches and asked pharmacist when could I start the tablets again? At first she said wait until end of patches but this was another 2 weeks. When she realised I was on a changeover day she said I could start Elleste Duet the following day. I am over a week into Elleste Duet but experiencing hot flushes, dizziness, rapid pulse and anxiety. Maybe I should have waited until end of patches course? Should I persevere in the hope that it will settle down? Think I’ve messed my system up. I always felt fine on them before. Another possibility is that I have reached proper menopause as never had a bleed on patches? Always had periods with cyclical HRT tablets. Struggling  :(

Jane50

Re: Need advice on changing HRT and hot flushes and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:58:09 PM »

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time Marie. I've also had those symptoms but they did eventually settle on HRT. Maybe a week isn't long enough to make a difference just yet?
Do you take progesterone too?

Marie200012

• First Flush
Re: Need advice on changing HRT and hot flushes and anxiety
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »

Thank you for replying  :) Yes I do take progesterone in the second half of the month but I’m not there yet. I’ve done 2 weeks of patches (oestrogen) and then before switching to the ones with progesterone I’ve started the Elleste Duet. That’s kept me on oestrogen only for longer. Maybe when I get onto the eostren/progesterone tablet next week I will start to feel better? I’m just so anxious, dizzy at times and tense/panicky. It seems to hit me more in evening after my tablet at 6pm. I’m also on Amitriptyline to help me with sleep.