Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ovulation type pain during menopause  (Read 985 times)

thegregs52

Ovulation type pain during menopause
« on: September 16, 2020, 01:16:46 PM »

I posted this a while ago but I am still experiencing this to the point that sometimes it makes me stop in my tracks with the stabbing pain.  It actually feels like it used to when I was ovulating back in the days when I actually had a period.  My history is as follows:

* Havent had a period since January 2019
* Been on Evoril Conti patches for about a year
* Had womb ablation about 8 years ago
* Diagnosed with fibroid in 2017
* Had an op in 2018 whereby they looked at my womb and said I had lots of scarring from 2 C-sections and the ablation and the fibroid had disappeared??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The gynaecologist said I could go back if I had any issues (they were going to give me a hysterectomy but as I only have one kidney and the scarring from 2 C-sections they thought it was too risky) but not sure if this is bad enough and just normal?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:23:17 PM by thegregs52 »

sheila99

Re: Ovulation type pain during menopause
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »

How often do you get it? The conti would probably suppress any bleed you might have had so just wondering if it's your ovaries trying to cycle?

thegregs52

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »

It seems to be once a month that's why it made me think it was like ovulation but I haven't had a period for one and a half years and the gynecologist said the patch I'm on now is because I don't have any periods.  I was on one previously that was because I was still having them but I've been on this particular patch for over a year now.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 05:37:46 PM »

I have this occasionally too. Last month it was as you describe and took my breath away. It lasted a couple of days and then went away. I don't know what it was. I too am on evorel conti. It did feel like that sensation you get when you are ovulating. If you are getting it monthly it may that you are having a cycle again. Ive heard it can start up again even after you've not had period for a while. I hope it feels better soon. Let us know how you get on.