Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vaginal issues  (Read 1332 times)

Lisa J T

Vaginal issues
« on: September 13, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »

Hello,
So I had a hysterectomy in Janyluary and im on the estrogen patches and my Vagina has soook many issues... either its dry or i have Thrush and currently I'm on Antibiotics as I had a belly ache and chunky discharge that came out of me... i was tested for a qater infection which I dont have so not sure why I'm getting the belly ache. I havent had sex so I know its not an STD... i just dont know if this is normal and will calm down??? They have put my estrogen patches up a level so said the weight gain and boob pain i get shoukd calm down in 3 months or so... but im unsure about all these vagina changes
Sorry if this is gross lol
Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 04:50:53 PM »

You have belly ache because it's probably vaginal atrophy.  For which you need appropriate HRT - do read the threads bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.  I have belly ache when my symptoms niggle.

Nothing is gross or too much info on here!

Why have you been prescribed ABs if you don't have an infection - was a urine sample sent to a Lab.?

Lisa J T

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »

I have used pesserys for the dry vagina that helped a little bit... and ive had thrush a few times too. So Is this something that will go on for a while.
Yeah sent my urine and a vaginal swob off... they are treating me for a vaginal infection as I had lots of clumpy discharge that looked like scramble ehh it was rank... that has stopped but I still have a belly ache

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 05:59:48 PM »

Were you told what the cause might be?  Bacterial Vaginosis?  Scrambled egg - yuk!

NHS - symptoms:
A thin white or gray vaginal discharge;
Pain, itching, or burning in the vagina;
A strong fish-like odor, especially after sex;
Burning when urinating;
Itching around the outside of the vagina.

Lisa J T

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »

It was itchy last week which I treated with thrush cream... and now its just that horrid lumpy discharge and belly pain... the discharge has calmed down...

Ummm its not that smelly actually... i did notice when I was using the pessarys it stunk... just so glad I'm single.. lol

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

4 me thrush was itchy too high to reach  :o - usually at the end of each period for 12 hours ...... when I came off The Pill it was awful  :-\