Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BCP at 52 years old  (Read 1781 times)

nysue

Re: BCP at 52 years old
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »

Thank you so much for your answers Alicess !
I feel that I should have educated myself more or even maybe see a second opinion few years ago about what BCP to take as I was getting older and my symptoms just continued but my DR. wasn't changing anything . I was complaining to her about my headaches for a long time, she never even mentioned that it could be from the hormones in the BCP.

Alicess

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 05:28:59 AM »

Most BCP's contain 0,030  ethinylestradiol which is a bit lower then the pill you are currently using but with less fluctuations in progestin. You could try Femodeen for example. With the pill it could be trail and error but  if you try another one at least give it 2 to 3 months to work. Hormones need time to balance.

Most Dr's won't prescribe birth control pills when you are older then 50 so I would stay with your Dr. for now.

I hope you will feel better with a different BCP,  Nysue.

Alicess 🌷

nysue

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »

Thank you , I have to see what's going to happen after I get off these BCP pills, how my body will react. I was on these pills for 20 years without any break.

Alicess

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 06:02:37 AM »

Good Luck, Nysue and try to educatie yourself as much as possible as many Dr's know very little about hormones.

Take care.

Alicess

Pages: 1 [2]