Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: When to apply Evorel patch with Mirena Coil, perimenopause  (Read 949 times)

Sharont

• First Flush
When to apply Evorel patch with Mirena Coil, perimenopause
« on: September 19, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »

Hi. I’ve had mirena coils for the past 16 years - so no bleeding. I had hideous periods. Coil expired last year and I became very anxious and depressed. I didn’t put the 2 together but more recently lots of other symptoms came up. Getting lost in the car. Forgetting my son’s name. Screaming at my kids like a lunatic. Thought I was losing my mind. Eventually I spoke to a HRT dr and they said to get my mirena coil replaced - I did this last Monday. Had a huge melt down On Wednesday, tears and snot. Feeling much better now. Picked up an Evorel patch from the chemist today and am confused as to whereabouts I’d be on my cycle. I don’t bleed but I do still get sore boobs and mood swings. I’m pretty sure if I didn’t have the coil Id still have regular periods. Plus because I’ve just had a new coil fitted, I’m thinking it would mess with my cycle anyway.  Evorel  instructions say to use within 5 days of the start of bleeding if you are not currently on HRT and still having regular bleeds. Is that me in this scenario? I’m so confused. :-\

BobbingAlong

Re: When to apply Evorel patch with Mirena Coil, perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 07:14:56 PM »

Hello
I use oestrogel (an oestrogen only gel) with a mirena coil and it didn't matter where I was in my cycle when I started it.
I would guess that it is probably OK wherever you start in your cycle with an evorel patch too unless u were changing from a different HRT that had given you a monthly bleed. And you say this is your first HRT, so should be fine if you don't exactly know when your bleed would normally start.
However, you can probably try to guess using the breast tenderness as a guide? I still have a very obvious cycle on my mirena and get very sore breasts for 10 to 14 days before I get my incredibly light period which is just a few days of mainly pink brownish spotting. On the day the spotting starts my breast pain disappears and any lumpiness or swelling goes down. If you've noticed a pattern of cyclical breast pain every few weeks, then maybe start your patch a day or 2 after it stops?
But again, I don't think it should overly concern you if don't guess it accurately.

Sharont

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »

Thanks so much. I’ve put the patch on. I’m just so desperate to get things turned around. Fingers crossed it works. My life has been bizarre for just over a year now. I want some joy and normality back. I hate that some friends judge my decision to go on HRT. They obviously haven’t experienced the same things as me. Onwards and upwards. I’m ever hopeful.

scrubdub

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 06:19:44 AM »

Just place it on. It will probably take a while to settle but it will. I had a coil placed last year and have patches. I started on Everol 25 for a month then up to 50 as I felt a bit overwhelmed after my coil fitting but it soon settled.
And ignore your friends who have 'views' I'd be dead if I'd not gone on hrt as massive anxiety and depression hit me hard. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
S X

BobbingAlong

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »

Like so many things in life, it's very hard to truly empathise unless you've been there or experienced similar yourself. Some ladies sail through this phase, others not so much(!!) and then some!
It can be a really difficult, challenging time.
Good to hear you've cracked on and started with the patches. It can take a bit of trial and error to find the right dose.
I've found using a period tracker type App very useful to log symptoms whilst I'm going through this phase.
Hope you start to feel a bit better soon. Xxxxx