Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Want to start HRT. Advice and support needed x  (Read 1084 times)

Chihuahuachick

Want to start HRT. Advice and support needed x
« on: September 12, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

I'm 48, peri started at 42.

Started takung rigevidon a week ago as prescribed by the doctof for HRT replacement.

Have vaginal dryness, using ovestin 3 times a week, improvement after 6 weeks of use.

Have acid reflux which I use Gaviscon tablets for.

That's a quick update on where I'm at so far but this vag dryness and the acid reflux is too much. If I started HRT when would it kick in?

How long does the rigevidon take to work not as a contraceptive but as a HRT replacement?

Really hoping for some advice and the forum has helped me so much, don't know where I would be without it and without you all. Hope to hear from you soon xxxx

Brit66

Re: Want to start HRT. Advice and support needed x
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:57:07 AM »

Sorry no one has replied to you so far, I'm sure they will soon. I haven't heard of rigevidon, it's a contraceptive? My experience is I've just started hrt 2 weeks ago and I have felt better in my mood, but I still have hot flashes and lethargy.  I have heard some women say that they have felt better almost immediately,  while others say it took weeks.
I think it's a matter of trial and error for many women. Maybe go back to your Dr to discuss all this, good luck!

Floo36

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 07:19:07 AM »

Hi, I’m on a lower dose pill Eloine for menopause and things got worse for 2 months then started to improve, it has now been 95 days and starting to feel like my old self.  Hang in there it takes time. 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

It's a contraceptive so why does he think it's appropriate treatment for menopause?

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »

Hi. I'm in similar position.

Sheila99 - it seems to be common now to offer the pill instead of hrt during peri. This was the advice I got from the meno clinic I attended.

That said, it hasnt worked for me. I've been trying different pills since last Nov. None of them suited... Various side affects like migraines, or dizziness, or extremely low mood. Some made my perisymtoms worse. And I used to take the pill, no problem 🤷‍♀️

I've just stopped 7 days ago.... Am very scared of what is about to hit me... But the side affects were terrible. I'm asking for hrt next week. I'm 44.

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

It's a contraceptive so why does he think it's appropriate treatment for menopause?

It depends on your age, lots of women take it for symptoms.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

You get meno symptoms because of oestrogen deficiency so unless you replace the oestrogen you wouldn't expect it to work. Some do contain oestrogen, there are two that Hurdity mentions, but many work by increasing progesterone but it's the progesterone that many women have trouble with. Unless the NICE guidelines have changed they only recommend hrt. I hope it works but perhaps ask for hrt if it doesn't.

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »

I thought it took over your system and therefore gives you a steady dose of both estrogen and progesterone {on the combined pill, like ridgevon} I thought it flattened your own hormones?

Although I'd like your point to be the case sheila99, as that would explain why I've had a bad time on it. But it is defo what the meno clinic recommended me to try, before considering hrt.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »

Thanks for the replies x

Ive been on rigevidon for 4 weeks now, jardly any vaginal dryness. Thank the Lord xxxx

What a vile experience that vag dryness was.

And my period was less painful and I only had one period instead of two.

4 years of 2 periods in a month is enough for anyone.

All I need to do now is sort my acid reflux out. But at least it's better than it was.

Love to you all xxxxxx

Brit66

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 07:46:49 AM »

I thought it took over your system and therefore gives you a steady dose of both estrogen and progesterone {on the combined pill, like ridgevon} I thought it flattened your own hormones?

Although I'd like your point to be the case sheila99, as that would explain why I've had a bad time on it. But it is defo what the meno clinic recommended me to try, before considering hrt.

sheila99 is quite correct, it's the progesterone women have the problem with, as it's not for us-ever-it's for when we conceive. The oestrogen is what we need and nothing can replace that apart from oestrogen. I would just ask the meno clinic about this and see why they want to put you on the pill, or you could just go ahead and give it a try, the main thing is you make the best decision for you, and that you get the results you need to live your best life :)