Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Do I need more estrogen?  (Read 1054 times)

Julestoo

Do I need more estrogen?
« on: September 20, 2020, 04:40:10 AM »

Hi me again 🤦‍♀️

I’m 45 and entered menopause when I took some medication which was only suppose to suppress my ovaries Temporarily then They haven’t woken up.

After a month I was given progynova 2mg twice per day and felt great and thought my ovaries had kicked in so stopped and had a bleed which I thought was my period then the hot flushes came back and I had a blood test again which showed my ovaries still suppressed

I then started on femoston 2-10 which I note is only 2mg estradiol and I don’t feel as great as I did on the progynova

I finished the yellow pills 4 days ago and was expecting a bleed but it hasn’t started yet although I have very sore boobs and I feel rotten

I just wondered if dr’s ever prescribe more than the 2mg as I felt way better in 4 mg progynova. I have some left and m tempted to take a bit but realise the femoston and progynova are different and I need the progesterone because I have a uterus

I’m just so tired I haven’t been exercising and feel weak and lazy and I’m getting fat 😞

Julestoo

Re: Do I need more estrogen?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:03:13 AM »

No I didn’t because i only took for 2 weeks as thought that my ovaries had kick started but they didn’t. I did bleed though which was told was a withdrawal bleed

2mg is quite low then? Is that why everyone uses gels?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:05:20 AM by Julestoo »