Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel/ utrogestan ithdrawal help please  (Read 719 times)

Mivvi69

• First Flush
Estrogel/ utrogestan ithdrawal help please
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:56:35 AM »

Following my sorry saga with estrogel, utrogestan, androfeme and anxiety, I have decided to do a body reboot to see how I feel. I had already stopped the utrogestan on docs orders to see how I felt, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I spoke with meno doc yesterday and she advised if I am stopping hrt to take 6-8 weeks gradually lowering the dose of estrogel to not shock my heart! I forgot to ask her about the utrogestan/ testosterone. Should I be taking taking estrogel for that withdrawal period without any progesterone? What about thickening of my womb?

Hurdity

Re: Estrogel/ utrogestan ithdrawal help please
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »

Hi Mivvi69

Looks like no-one replied to your post. Not sure I know your story but if you were taking utrogestan continuously then I would continue to take it even while reducing the oestrogen but depending on the oestrogen and prog dose maybe you might be able to reduce the Utro a little? If taking it sequentially then take it when you're due to take it - again at the second cycle if you have reduced the oestrogen to almost zero you might get away with less utrogestan but always best to make sure your lining is well thinned so wouldn't do any harm to take the licensed dose if you're planning to stop so your lining is nice and thin, I would say? Obviously  also be guided by your doc!

Hurdity x