Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: feeling like you are going mad  (Read 2168 times)

outofcontrol

feeling like you are going mad
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:47:10 PM »

hi to all you lovely ladies this site has helped me so much, i havent been right for along time and couldnt work out what was going on with me one minute i was irate the next minute i was crying i tried to speak to a doctor who sent me a text for depression or see a mental health team which didnt help me. i rang the doctors a couple of days later and had to wait for a ring back the nurse said i need blood test and came back three days later it was to do with my hormones i explained i felt like i was going mad not sleeping hot sweats head feeling cloudy and couldnt deal with anything awful anxiety they said a doctor would ring me back in 2days i broke down again and said i need to talk to a doctor today after waiting 5hours i rang back again and was told i was on list for ring back by late evening still no call back so broke down. i rang docs the next day who said they would get a doctor to ring me who did and said i need to go on antidepressants and have my mirena removed, i rang the nurse who fitted my mirena and explained what was going on and she was so nice and understanding and said i need hrt and mirena changed she couldnt believe i was being palmed off with antidepressants she also told me about this site which i was so sad to hear all your stories but helped me bigtime and pushed me in the right direction im waiting to be put on hrt so hope i can get back to normal x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: feeling like you are going mad
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »

Hi!  ........ and breath ;-).  GPs still are not getting the message!  At least your Practice Nurse seems to know a little about HRT.   :welcomemm:

Firstly when did you have your Mirena changed?  It may not need replacing.

Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful to chart progress.  Also deciding which symptom you would like to tackle first might be helpful.  ADs can help ease symptoms : some ladies require both. 

Put Mirena coil into the search box here and see what pops up. 

outofcontrol

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 06:13:37 PM »

my mirena ran out in january and because i was 50 it didnt need removing it could stay in till i was 55. i had it removed and another put in today and have to wait till next week when the doctor is going to hopefully start me on hrt thankyou for advice very kind of you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »

Good Luck. Let us know how you get on.

In the meantime, browse round. We have a humorous room too ;-)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:38:59 PM »

How are you now Outofcontrol?
Hope your feeling better.
xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »

You R not going mad either  ;)

outofcontrol

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 02:19:37 PM »

How are you now Outofcontrol?
Hope your feeling better.
xx
hi jillydoll feeling exuasted lack of sleep and had awful pain on my left side of pelvis ,i went to docs feb and was going to have a ultra sound to check ovary but because of lockdown never happened wish i could get help xx

outofcontrol

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 02:21:53 PM »

Has that pain continued, is it cyclic?  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart the better days?

outofcontrol

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »

Has that pain continued, is it cyclic?  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart the better days?
the pain comes and goes and need to go to wee alot more than usual my poor bladder feels worn out. i have had a diary over the last few years on my symptoms of pain cause i thought it was to do with my kidney stones passing but i dont know what it is but looking back since jan been more in pain than out, and i thought the moods was because of lack of sleep and pain until the anxiety and mood swings got worse and then was told last week its my hormones, its scary ive taken a week off work and shutting myself indoors this is not like me im due to go back to work next week but scared to xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 03:31:50 PM »

Be kind to yourself. 

Take the week to sleep.  Read round the Forum.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first. 

outofcontrol

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:52 PM »

Be kind to yourself. 

Take the week to sleep.  Read round the Forum.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first.
yes you are right do you think the hrt will help me and how long does it take to work .

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »

It depends on how your body reacts to replacement therapy, it may take a while to find something that helps.  Users suggest taking it for 3-4 months if side effects aren't too bad.

outofcontrol

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 05:09:21 PM »

It depends on how your body reacts to replacement therapy, it may take a while to find something that helps.  Users suggest taking it for 3-4 months if side effects aren't too bad.
oh blimey ok thankyou .

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 05:30:25 PM »

MayB have a chat with a Nurse or GP but don't check in the prescription until you've put the name in2 the search box on here ;-)
Pages: [1] 2