Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Surgery date set  (Read 673 times)

C.C.

Surgery date set
« on: September 10, 2020, 11:14:36 PM »

So I spoke with my gynecologist today and he has scheduled me for a hysteroscopy and D and C for October 14th.  He also said there is evidence of hormone dominance which he feels at this point is nothing to panic about. The fact that I had been bleeding and also my age, he will remove the entire lining, not just the thickened area.  If he sees something in the scope looks suspicious, he will do a hysterectomy, later.  Good thing I will be fast asleep when all this goes on!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Surgery date set
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:03:35 AM »

? hormone dominance ? means what exactly  :-\.  I wouldn't push for hysterectomy unless absolutely necessary, it's major surgery.  Who will look after you once you come home ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:01:56 AM »

I'm glad you've got your date C.C. and I hope everything goes well with the procedure. It sounds as if you are in good hands with a back-up plan should the D&C not be enough to control your symptoms. Obviously a hysterectomy is not something that is undertaken lightly but this will be only if something suspicious is revealed.

Taz x  :hug:

C.C.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:55:16 AM »

Hi CLKD- He didn't go into detail about what hormone dominance meant for my case.  Once the scope is done he may have a better idea (??) I won't be pushing for a hysterectomy, I would rather not go through that unless it's absolutely the last resort. He seemed confident the D&C would be all I would need.  :)

Hi Taz- Thanks  :) I haven't had any bleeding for about 3 weeks now (knock on wood) so I'm not dealing with that issue right now. Here's hoping this is all I need!