Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Just some advice - upping Dose on Evorel Sequi 50  (Read 1664 times)

sed

Just some advice - upping Dose on Evorel Sequi 50
« on: September 10, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »

Just wondered if anyone has upped their dosage from Evorel 50 to 75.

So I explained to my GP that my symptoms seem to be creeping back after week 5.  Waiting 3 months to see if things settle would only make sense if things had stayed the same.  I improved for two weeks.  Things are bad on the estrogen patches.  The GP seems to think maybe increase to 75.  Whilst waiting for him to find a chemist that stocks it, is it possible to cut one in half alongside the whole patch that I have left?  If so, how does that work - should I wait until I start the regime from the beginning?  Do I take the whole patch off and wait until I have the 75? 

I hope all that makes sense!

Kathleen

Re: Just some advice - upping Dose on Evorel Sequi 50
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »

Hello sed.

When I was using Evorel 50  patches and wanted to increase to 75 my GP told me just to cut another patch in half and wear that at the same time. He explained that the patches have a matrix design so cutting them up is fine.

Unfortunately for me I had some bleeding on the higher dose and when I reduced back to 50 the bleeding stopped which I think confirmed that the patch cutting method had worked.

Hopefully this helps you.

Take care.

K.

sed

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »

Thank you - very helpful.

Should I wait until I start a new pack and can I just start immediately? In mid pack?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »

Hi are you using the Evorel patches which are just oestrogen? Or are you using Evorel Sequi, which has oestrogen and progesterone in some of the patches ? X

sed

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »

Evorel Sequi

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 07:37:52 PM »

Hi if you are using Evorel Sequi then it’s not advisable to add oestrogen as the progesterone is meant to balance a 50 patch and there might not be enough for a higher dose of oestrogen.

To increase the patch you would be better to move to oestrogen only patches and Utrogestan or Mirena for the progesterone x

sed

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 07:43:43 PM »

Thanks so much for your advice.  All so helpful.

I will try and get this feedback across to the GP.