Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovestin and Fibroids?  (Read 1033 times)

Jett

Ovestin and Fibroids?
« on: September 10, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have quite bad VA and the doctor prescribed me Ovistin to try.  I spoke to a young male doctor who seemed pretty clueless.  I asked if it would be ok as I have fibroids, the biggest guy 4cm by 3 cm and he said it should be fine.  I have moderated my diet to cut down on estrogen to try to prevent my fibroids growing so I just wondered if anyone else uses Ovistin who has fibroids?  I do need to try something but don’t want to fix one thing and make another worse  :-\

Thanks very much for any advice,

Jett xx

Joaniepat

Re: Ovestin and Fibroids?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 06:06:52 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have quite bad VA and the doctor prescribed me Ovistin to try.  I spoke to a young male doctor who seemed pretty clueless.  I asked if it would be ok as I have fibroids, the biggest guy 4cm by 3 cm and he said it should be fine.  I have moderated my diet to cut down on estrogen to try to prevent my fibroids growing so I just wondered if anyone else uses Ovistin who has fibroids?  I do need to try something but don’t want to fix one thing and make another worse  :-\

Thanks very much for any advice,

Jett xx
I agree with your GP, you should be fine with Ovestin as it won't be absorbed systematically so can have no impact on your fibroids.
JP x

Jett

Re: Ovestin and Fibroids?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 06:50:33 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply JP, that makes me feel better about trying it.
Really appreciate it x