Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Changing Novofem to evorel conti patches  (Read 1009 times)

TraceyR8

• First Flush
Changing Novofem to evorel conti patches
« on: September 09, 2020, 10:02:52 PM »

Spoke to gp today, my hrt adventure continues. 9mths on kliofem, 3 mths on novofem, back to night sweats, pmt, migraine, and occasional hot flush! now to try evorel conti patches. She didnt see 'any benefit' from prescribing seperate estogen and progestron?  No nat period 18mths prior to hrt, heavy bleeding approx every 3mth on kliofem, 2 out of 3 bleeds on Novofem!! God only knows what will hapoen next!  I asked about Tibolone but she said 'not the way to go' and only if all other hrt intolerable. Anybody happy on evorel conti, i am bit nervous now!

Emm225

Re: Changing Novofem to evorel conti patches
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:01:00 AM »

I haven't used the conti patch which I believe is a combined patch?  I wanted to as oral progesterone disagrees with me but my doctor a said it was unavailable... is it available now and is it combined? Hope you get on OK... I do know women who have lived it and been gutted they couldn't get hold of it.

robotwars

Re: Changing Novofem to evorel conti patches
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 09:21:24 AM »

Im on the conti patch, it definitely helps with symptoms but after 2 months of using it i started bleeding and continued, week with period week off continuously, GP changed me to the evorel sequi patches but i didn't feel as good on it and flooded every month so i stopped HRT for 3 weeks felt rough again and i have now put  a conti patch back on.... still trying to speak to a GP, but im now 3 weeks in and no bleeding yet!!!! Good Luck