Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Lower Back pain with vaginal atrophy  (Read 5277 times)

Stockport1965

Lower Back pain with vaginal atrophy
« on: September 19, 2020, 07:35:01 AM »

I have had vaginal atrophy for many years now. I am using Vagifem every other day and it is very painful during sex. I am now starting to avoid sex with my husband. Pain started in lower right side back and radiated to pelvis, now it has become all lower back

GP has performed various blood tests and urine tests. All normal. (Liver just outside of range).

Had an x ray and I have Osteopenia. Awaiting a dextra test next. (My mum had osteoporosis.)

Would vaginal atrophy cause back pain? With all the other tests that I have had, I haven't mentioned it to GP.

Prescribed Naproxen for pain

Desperate for some help now!

jaypo

Re: Lower Back pain with vaginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »

Hi there, I would say it could cause back pain,if there's inflammation it can cause pain elsewhere,when I had periods, I used to get a dreadfully sore back,like you I suffer with VA and my lower back aches like you I've also had lots of tests,all,ok
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:44:22 PM by jaypo »

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 08:48:23 AM »

A hypertonic pelvic floor can cause lower back ache. Hypertonic PF often accompanies VA, due to the guarding reaction it sets off. You could see a pelvic floor physiotherapist.
JP x

Stockport1965

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 09:52:55 AM »

Do you think I should ask for an internal exam by GP or would I need to see a gynae consultant. I don't have any problems with bowels, all working perfectly. I should also add, I am so sore on the outside as well as internally as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »

Use the 'vagifem' every night! You can also insert two doses at one time a couple of times a week. It's a very small amount. You could look at the 'sylc' and 'yes' websites, some find that they require a moisturiser too and you may get freebies ;-).

I use KYJelly or Savlon on the outer labia and perineum when necessary.  I would seek the advice of a pelvic floor physio. as Joaiepat suggested.

Stockport1965

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »

Use the 'vagifem' every night! You can also insert two doses at one time a couple of times a week. It's a very small amount. You could look at the 'sylc' and 'yes' websites, some find that they require a moisturiser too and you may get freebies ;-).

I use KYJelly or Savlon on the outer labia and perineum when necessary.  I would seek the advice of a pelvic floor physio. as Joaiepat suggested.

Thanks! :)
I also use coconut oil as well but was wondering whether I should be using water based?? or is it a matter of choice?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »

What ever works ;-)

Donnadoobie

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »

before I had  VA diagnosed, I had lower back problems.  I went to a women’s physio who diagnosed the VA but also an overactive pelvic floor, which causes me to hold it tight all the time.  This was causing the back problem.

A women’s  physio would be a good place to get it checked out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 05:47:42 AM by Donnadoobie »

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »

Agree with all the ladies.  Mine was an over tight pelvic floor. 

Stockport1965

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »

Agree with all the ladies.  Mine was an over tight pelvic floor.

definitely going to look into this as I have been really down and teary today about it. It's been going on far too long!