Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estraderm patches  (Read 3575 times)

Marsha11

Estraderm patches
« on: September 07, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »

Hi,has anyone used the Estraderm estradiol patch’s? Would like to know if they are generally well tolerated and what size they are.  I was happy on Femseven 50 but they were pulled from market and I have been on estradot patches for a while; they are convenient, as small, but not sure I fully tolerate them (suffer headaches, sometimes up to 3 days running).

Sleepy123

Re: Estraderm patches
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »

As a newbie to HRT I have been using Estraderm for about 7 months, and I have had no issues, but I generally tolerate medications and stuff quite well.

They are about an inch wide, looks like a square of sellotape.

I wanted the estrodot as they seem smaller and more convenient but I just haven’t got round to doing anything about it yet.

I was really worried about starting HRT but I haven’t had any issues with Estraderm.

Marsha11

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:05:10 PM »

Thank you for your reply.  It seems Estraderm are larger patches than estrodot and still no wiser as to whether I Should change from the estrodot to Estraderm.  I was extremely happy on Femseven 50, until they discontinued it - very annoying  :(

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 07:43:53 PM »

Hi they are bigger but ive tried loads of hrt and this is the only one i get on with, no side effects, can you try them and see how you go? X

Marsha11

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 08:17:07 PM »

First day on estraderm; yes they are larger than the estradot, which is annoying! I just hope they are better.  Can’t really put my finger on it, but I had been on the estradot since March and feel like it has been a slippery slope.  I have been getting very irritable and periodically get headaches that last about 3 days.  Maybe sometimes there is a drop in hormones and that is the problem, but fingers crossed these are better or they bring back Femseven 50 patches :)

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »

Applied my first Estraderm lastnight, quite a bit bigger in size than the progynova ive just changed from! My OH very sweetly said they aren't bigger it's just you getting smaller!!! ;D :rofl: If only, I have been trying hard though! Hope your getting on ok ladies? x

lillith112

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 08:14:57 AM »

I've been on them 8 months, was on mx50, now mx75, I find them absolutely brilliant, no side effects, just meno symptoms disapeared and quality of life drastically improved. I did have issues with peeling, but found using Simple soap before application cured the problem. When I had to change to Estrogel during the patch shortage all of my symptoms came back, especially horrendous bladder issues, literally a few days back on these my symptoms went away. I honestly wouldn't be without them   ;)

Lillith.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:16:32 AM by lillith112 »

Kelrob12

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 08:35:08 AM »

First day on estraderm; yes they are larger than the estradot, which is annoying! I just hope they are better.  Can’t really put my finger on it, but I had been on the estradot since March and feel like it has been a slippery slope.  I have been getting very irritable and periodically get headaches that last about 3 days.  Maybe sometimes there is a drop in hormones and that is the problem, but fingers crossed these are better or they bring back Femseven 50 patches :)

Hi, I just wondered how you were getting with estraderm? I changed from estraderm 50 to estradot 100 and Im not sure the estradot is a good as my levels of estrogen haven't increased that much and dot feel fab. thank kelly x

KatyB

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »

I've been on Estraderm, Estradot and Everol. I'd confirm that each seems to have different absorption for me. I was very happy with Everol, but during supply problems had to take what was available. I didn't like Estraderm - mostly they were so large and so inflexible (I'm on 100mcg, and they are HUGE). Everol were similar size but didn't feel as obtrusive. Estradot initially didn't stick well but once I found where they work for me (high on buttocks, if you must know!) I found them really good, and was even able to drop down to 75mcg....but I would say play around with location and with different brands - difficult I know during lockdown to get different prescriptions, but finding right ones for you is the key....