Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Peri menopause symptoms  (Read 821 times)

Jnine

Peri menopause symptoms
« on: September 29, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »

Hello
I am new here. 49 years old and am questioning if I am in peri menapause? I still have regular periods and not hot flushes but in the last 12 months I have been experiencing migraine on a monthly basis, discomfort in the nether regions (not dry) but more like a have thrush and burning that comes and goes but prevelant around periods. The big nag for me is neck and shoulder pain which I did not know was related to menapause? I have been experiencing bad neck and shoulder pain for the last 6/7 months. I don’t feel any more stressed than normal  :o and I thought maybe my mattress was causing the issues? I even went for a massage twice which I have never done before but it will not abate! I also have a sore mouth like I am grinding my teeth and biting my cheeks when I sleep? Am I in peri menapause or is there something wrong with me so I should speak to a doctor?? I am a completely neurotic person who feels the slightest misalignment in my body means I have something terminal  >:(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:01:32 PM by Jnine »

sed

Re: Peri menopause symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 07:39:58 AM »

Hi,

It may be worth asking your GP for a blood test to measure your hormone levels.  That’s what I did earlier this year and my hormone levels suggested I was in Meno.  My last period was in April this year and before that December 2019 so suspected peri.

I too have neck and shoulder aches and general muscle aches.  I have started HRT and still praying for change.

Hope you get a GP appointment soon.

Mazza27

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 05:57:48 AM »

Hiya, i also struggle with migraine and neck/shoulder plus tinnitus, started around 41/42. I have had brain scans and hearing test all clear as they dont link them to peri menopause and your levels. Blood tests dont usually work in peri as you are fluctuating. They do say low dose hrt can help but everyone is different works for some doesnt work for others.

Good luck xx

sed

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 07:34:06 AM »

Agreed Mazza27, still waiting for the HRT to make a difference.