Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice re my own periods and utrogestan please  (Read 2742 times)

violetbat

Re: Advice re my own periods and utrogestan please
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »

Hi Sheila99

I do know when I ovulate as I get a sharp pain for about 15 mins. I am wary of trying to sync because it works for that month but then not afterwards as my cycle isn’t regular at all - not really a cycle!

I became worried that I wasn’t getting enough progesterone and then a scan showed my lining was thickened (followed by more investigations - all clear in the end). I sleep really well on the utrogestan so now I just take it 12 days out of 28 and take whatever comes. I haven’t had a ‘proper’ bleed since the end of May now. Hard to know whether it’s a concern or not but taking the utrogestan as prescribed makes me feel like I am less risky somehow.

Sparkler

Hi Sparkler
I had a rather unfortunate episode with the Mirena in 2019. It was a disaster: Horrendous pain in my uterus  and continued proper bleeding for a month which got worse and worse. Scans showed all was ok :-\. Docs gave me all sorts to try and slow the bleeding. Ironically taking massive doses of northisterone did the trick.
 When I asked for it to be taken out- after a month-  the threads had disappeared . Many doctors - including at A&E tried to get it out - I had to go to a gynae ward to have it removed without any anaesthetic. Then I bled like a stuck pig for a week afterwards.
Then I developed an infection- presumably from all the prodding that had gone on? I couldn't walk properly and sitting down was agony.

Wish it had worked, would make life a lot easier.
Pages: 1 [2]