Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause and stomach issues  (Read 1154 times)

Gormana

• First Flush
Perimenopause and stomach issues
« on: February 03, 2023, 09:29:24 PM »

Hi can anyone share experience? I am 43 and have missed 3 periods out of the blue after always being regular.
I have been having stomach issues ever since- gas and pain and jumping in my bowel I think- Ive had scans blood tests stool etc and they found nothing of concern - I’m not sure what to do next as my bowel clearly isn’t happy but still must be related to missing period???

jaypo

Re: Perimenopause and stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 09:36:19 AM »

Have you tried keeping a food diary? I had a VERY unhappy gut during peri and yes,things can and DO get worse during this time,reflux is one culprit,or like me, I had silent reflux,which made me so so nauseous, I also discovered I had a wheat intolerance  after doing a private test. Is there anything that sets it off have you noticed? For me it's tomatoes,too much sugar or fizzy drinks,all a huge no no

Gormana

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 12:09:08 PM »

Hi I think it’s related to my right ovary and pain is often near there but have had ultrasound and no cysts or fibroids but do get shooting pain there sometimes along with gassy stomach ☹️ I have also been keeping food diary and tried no lactose so far- bit of improvement but still issues- could be wheat and pain may be bowel related to that but feels like ovaries

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 12:42:49 PM »

Your gut could still be the issue, I have pain lower down sometimes too but if the gut is inflamed it can resonate to other part and because there is so much of it,it covers so much of your abdomen,if you've had all the tests,I wouldn't worry too much,there is a blood test for the ovaries if you want to ask your dr for that but I'm not sure how reliable they are x

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 05:16:23 PM »

I'm afraid gut issues are very common with the menopause and a lot of women develop IBS, nausea and acid reflux.

Stool tests are very accurate these days so I would not worry too much about more serious conditions unless it suddenly gets much worse.

Perhaps it's time to start looking into HRT?

Zoe

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 05:24:52 PM »

Might be worth trying a good brand of prebiotic/probiotic for a few months as well as looking at HRT.

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PM »

Gormana

Sorry to hear you're having some problems.  I hope it goes away of it's own accord.  It's good your scans are clear.  I personally would try and get a second opinion just because it feels like ovarian discomfort.  But so far all is looking good so I would just be doing it to be thorough. 

Gormana

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 01:47:09 PM »

Thanks for your replies yes I think I’ll try an oral probiotic and then go back to docs for ovary function or hormone test maybe 🤔 wow women really do have a bum deal! 🙄