Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem dosing & estradiol advice  (Read 4373 times)

Carol E

• First Flush
Re: Vagifem dosing & estradiol advice
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 06:21:15 PM »

Hi
My gynaecologist advised two vagifem a night for two weeks plus ovestin three times a week, then 1 vagifem once a night for six weeks plus ovestin which she didn’t say to use internally or externally. I can’t  get past her secretary for her to to clarify. On week three and still suffering. Feel like I’m overdosing. Any suggestions please.

Joaniepat

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 08:14:59 PM »

I should think the Ovestin was intended for external use? Best to clarify with the gynaecologist if you can though. I see from your post of 13 January that you are using Replens, which many women don't like. Could it be that? It is worth joining the Vaginal Atrophy support group on Facebook if you haven't already.

JP x

Carol E

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 10:35:57 PM »

I have joined the amazing support group and read Jane Lewis book. Am a bit worried to post a question in case it appears on my Facebook page At the age of 70 I am worried as to what else I will be allowed to take to alleviate my symptoms.I seem to be ok in the mornings ,the burning and soreness start mid afternoonish . Is this common please?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »

Don't use the Replens, awful stuff and made me more sore. It can take several weeks to get improvement with VA if it has gone untreated for a long time so don't give up hope yet. I used to feel more sore as day went on, are you using the Ovestin on the outer bits?

Joaniepat

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 11:45:36 PM »

I have joined the amazing support group and read Jane Lewis book. Am a bit worried to post a question in case it appears on my Facebook page At the age of 70 I am worried as to what else I will be allowed to take to alleviate my symptoms.I seem to be ok in the mornings ,the burning and soreness start mid afternoonish . Is this common please?
It won't appear on your FB page as the group is private. Nothing I have posted has ever appeared on my FB!

JP x

Lyncola

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 08:17:08 AM »

Joaniepat is right I too belong to the Facebook vaginal atrophy group. Everything you post is private only other ladies in the group can see it.

I use both Vagifem and Ovestin internally (on different nights) best thing I done so far. I feel 90% better on a good day 98%. The best I’ve been with two years of treatment. I use Ovestin internally for the first 6 months, started going bad again. Doctor put me on Vagifem, good for a couple off months. Then bad again started Vagifem internally and Ovestin externally. Had six flare ups last year.

So after reading someone post I check with my doctor and started with
Night 1- Vagifem internally, Ovestin externally
Night 2- Ovestin internally and externally
Night 3- Vagifem internally, Ovestin externally
Night 4- nothing
And repeat
I also love Yes VM two times a day morning and afternoon, and Olive and Bee at night just before using Ovestin externally.

This pattern is really working for me, not so much my husband who complains I’m too wet. I tell him I prefer to be too wet, then dry and in pain just to give sex, so put up with it. Lucky he loves me.

I hope you find what works for you, and it does take time, and I might of started my treatment at age 45 but I know treatment is for life :bighug:

Carol E

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 01:52:07 PM »

Thank you so much. I feel confident in asking these questions on the Facebook site now.My symptoms seem to be getting worse. Do you use Yes internally or externally? And olive and bee? I don’t use anything externally as my burning is all inside. I am seeing the gynaecologist in two weeks The next step for me according to her is Gabapentin which  I need to google that.Does anyone have systemic hrt at the age of 70+ please.

Joaniepat

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »

Pleased to hear you have joined the FB group, so much collective knowledge and experience there. I am 71 and use systemic oestrogen as well as local (have had hysterectomy). I restarted the systemic at 67 after a gap of several years.

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »

You could be using too many preparations!

I use 'ovestin' internally with KY Jelly externally if necessary.  Replens can cause a worsening of symptoms: it may be the fillers or the casing.

I would up the 'vagifem'.  It is such a small amount of active ingredient that some need 2 doses at once several times a week.  'ovestin' can be used internally or in your case, mayB better externally every night.  In the day too if necessary.  Sometimes I require an extra dose of 'ovestin' via the applicator via a tube, so easy to apply on the outer areas: so I use the applicator in the afternoon and again the same evening.

Plus 'nurofen' to ease the need to pee feelings: 2 capsules 3 times a day for 2-3 days.  It relaxes the spincter.  Do join in on the FaceBook group. 

Dierdre

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 09:03:56 PM »

I would never use Replens, tried it once and was not good. Too much Vagifem is also not good if you dont get on with the fillers so stick to at least one a day. I find vagifem is good for bladder, prolapse  and the awful burning inside but did nothing for me on the soreness outside. Ovestin or similar estriol creams are perfect for external use  you can also apply around the urethra.  If you are so sore ask for Dermovate, this is a steroid cream that heals the skin very quickly enabling you to then use the estrogen creams without the awful burning it causes on raw skin.  I would also ask for a check for Lichens sclerosus as i also have traces of this and the Dermavate has sorted this out.

Lyncola

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 12:31:13 AM »

My pain is always was external, I only use Yes VM and Olive and Bee externally
Pages: 1 [2]