Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does it always take three months?  (Read 2042 times)

Scampidoodle

Does it always take three months?
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:52:22 PM »

Hi I am new to HRT (well since April) and I know it seems to be 3 months when you get reviewed by the consultant to see how you’re getting on and they say to give it 3 months.

I’m just curious as to whether it does generally take 3 months for things to even out for people?

And does this apply to pumps of oestrogel for example (or doses of any other) that you could try 2 pumps and wait 3 months and if no better then increase?

Also curious as to how it feels when it works? I see some people have an overnight change and in others is it gradual or a bit up and down till it settles?

Just getting my head round it all  :) x

Brit66

Re: Does it always take three months?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 04:40:55 PM »

I am interested in this subject too, I'm about to start hrt so hopefully you will get lots of replies!

Jane50

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 05:00:16 PM »

Hi,

Welcome to HRT!

I think as you say, everyone is different and it's not an exact science more's the pity...

I was on patches initially and they worked within a couple of weeks and my symptoms disappeared. Sorted, I thought!.... However!.... After 6 months on the patches my symptoms started to return... I was then put on tablets for 2 months but gave up because I felt so awful. I am now on oestrogel and utrogestan. Started on 2 pumps and over the course of 10 months have increased to 5 pumps. Its been a bit up and down tbh. Maybe I've just not found the right one for me yet... Bit like men!  ;D So no pattern to any of it unfortunately!

You may and probably will have a completely different experience!

Hope it all goes well for you  :)

Baby

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 05:04:40 PM »

It's different for everyone. My sister in law tried HRT and it worked almost right away. I'm just in my second month of my fourth type of HRT and still struggling, but you have to try at least three months to see how the body reacts. Sometimes longer..x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »

I think that may depend how depleted the body might be B4 1 starts HRT.  Also how long B4 one seeks medical advice because symptoms have become difficult to deal with.

Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 06:10:46 PM »

Thanks for your replies. It varies so much doesn’t it!

I’m on two pumps of oestrogel and after 10 weeks went up to 3. I’m getting side effects on 3 and didn’t know if I’d waited longer on 2 things may have improved as it wasn’t for 3 months.

I had felt some improvements but not great. Hard to know isn’t it!!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 06:22:40 PM »

Can you do 2.5?  Is this every night?

Perinowpost

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »

It worked straight away for me but that’s because I got the right one.  I have spent time I’m the past on previous regimes persevering for 3 months only for it not to improve.  I would say knowing my body I know pretty quickly now if something is going to work or not x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »

Yes I did do 2.5 this morning though wasn’t altogether sure how accurate I could be I just pumped the pump down half way?! I’ll give this a whirl.

I have read many posts on here and sometimes things work straight away and sometimes after 3-4 months, sometimes 6! Especially when it comes to the psychological peri problems which are my main symptoms.

My symptoms have all gone on 3 pumps but accompanied by difficult side effects which is annoying to say the least! And that’s only been a week and a half on the raised dose. So I suppose things can improve quickly but have to balance against the side effects grrr x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »

Yes CLKD I take 3 pumps every morning

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »

Or 2 for 3 nights then 2.5 then back to 2?  It's Trial and Error  ::). Once your body adjusts you should feel better  :tulips2:

Scampidoodle

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »

Do you think it would be ok to do a few nights of 2 and a 2.5 for a bit. I didn’t know if this makes your levels go wappy or not or whether it doesn’t work like that!!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »

Maybe put the product name into the search box and see how others manage? I think with many medications 1 probably has to adjust a little bit.  But do keep a note or you are likely to forget when and where  ::)

Me - I tend to wait a few weeks when on new medication then if necessary vary until I find what suits me.  My GP is fully aware.

Sparkler

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 08:40:32 AM »

Hi there

I felt woozy for a few days after starting hrt, then felt lots better, for about 8 weeks then symptoms started to return and I upped my estrogen. I had started on 25, which is a low dose, then upped it to 50, which is a standard dose, although some ladies lake lots higher dose than this.

It depends on how you react, but don’t be alarmed if you need to make some adjustments over time.

S

Scampidoodle

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »

I’ve decreased to 2 pumps a day. Which I think is the same as 50 for you Sparkler.

Figure I’ll balance back out on 2 then increase to 2.5 and hope the horrible flushing stops.

I’m feeling cooler today after my second day back on two pumps. Weird I get the heat issues going onto oestrogel that I never got before!! I’ve always been sensitive to any meds. I remember going on anti depressants after having my daughter and each one caused hot flushes and sweating.

Maybe 2 pumps is the most I’ll ever get to  :-\
Pages: [1] 2