Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: coming off HRT utrageston and estrodot  (Read 2242 times)

Sammiejane

Re: coming off HRT utrageston and estrodot
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »

hi emm225

i also feel your frustrations as going through the same thing

i’m on the gel not the patch but like you have had hair thinning the only other thing you could try is changing the patch to gel see how u go with that with the utrogestan but i understand how you feel i was on combined pill in 20s early 30s never had hairloss i went on the copper coil at 32 after my son and had no hormones but never lost hair stopping pill and haven’t lost hair after operation of hysterectomy ovary removal and surgical menopause yet i start hrt and hair thinned 50 percent receding hairline nape of neck gone little curls at the bottom fell out it and to be honest the other side effects i get from hrt constant headaches weight gain mood fluctuations aniexty depression few flushes ear infections i’m starting to think i’m better off hrt x downside is i’m only 41

Emm225

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 06:03:06 PM »

I will do thank you.  I think also when I take utrogesten orally I find it difficult to get off to sleep .although it says on the packet it can make you sleep better.  Speaking to the doctor next week....she is off until then.  Fingers crossed will sort out

Emm225

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 06:14:53 PM »

Well, long conversation with doctor on phone this morning.  She was sympathetic but said I couldn't go back on the mirena as had spotting, and couldn't take utrogeston vaginally as not licensed.  Said combined patch prob best but not available.  Suggested I could up the oestrogen perhaps, or take citolapram in addition to HRT if mood really low.

So really I don't feel I've got any further.  Also concerned that I have read I am only putting off the evil day as it were and will get it all back when I cease HRT.  I cannot believe what the menopause has done to me ....physically and mentally...
Pages: 1 [2]