Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Day flushes improved night still bad. Why??!!  (Read 732 times)

Wendycroft

• First Flush
Day flushes improved night still bad. Why??!!
« on: September 03, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »

Hi I’m a newbie and totally confused. Started evorel  conti July 3rd for a month. No change so On August 3rd gynae put me on Estrogel 2 pumps a day plus utrogestan 100mg daily. Daytime definitely improved but night still flushing away every hour. Been going on since November and I am desperate for some sleep. Why would that be? I can’t understand it. Have read a lot about it and nowhere does it say night stays bad and days improve. Help!!  :'(
I don’t know whether to increase Estrogel or what?!
Background. November 19 gynae induced meno with nasal spray due to v heavy continuous bleeding. I had a stroke June 17 and not much choice. He didn’t tell me it would launch me into severe hot flushes. Every 20 mins night and day. Seriously.
Hrt approved by neurologist and gynae. Transdermal.
Nothing is straightforward and after 3.5 weeks of utrogestan orally I’m having a break until I speak gynae next week hopefully. Horrendous pms symptoms. Soaking wet continuous nightmares. Stabbing headaches. Nausea. Joint pain. All at night. Worse hot flushes at night. I couldn’t take any more and will ask if I can go on a long cycle vaginally 12-14 days with scans.
I have no idea if I am peri or post due to induced meno and no idea if I should be on continuous or sequential. Hence thought if I had small break utrogestan I can see if I bleed. Stopped it Sunday and I haven’t yet. Do you think I should ask for conti or sequential??
And why would it improve day and not night???????
I’m so confused and desperate. You are all like shining stars when you’re lost. Thank you xx
PS I’m 56 if makes any difference..... :)

Taz2

Re: Day flushes improved night still bad. Why??!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:56:14 PM »

Hi Wendycroft.  I'm sorry I can't answer your questions but just wanted to welcome you.

Taz x
 :welcomemm:

Wendycroft

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 04:02:58 PM »

Thanks that’s v sweet of you!

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 04:19:10 PM »

Hi Wendycroft  :welcomemm:.  Your situation is complex so I'm afraid I can't answer the specific questions, but just wanted to say you are not alone with the night time symptoms continuing.  These seem to be the most resistant for some of us.  Me included.  But I would hope the right HRT will improve your current symptoms considerably & would not expect them to continue at the severity you describe once you can find a better fit, so please don't give up hope.  The Utrogestan is Marmite - some of us do well on it but some really can't tolerate it & I find it makes me very unwell, with the worst symptoms at night - especially intense overheating & racing heart.  So I'm wondering whether that's the issue for you, but given your medical history the choice of progesterone variant will be important & I think something to discuss again with the medics who know your background.  Hopefully someone will be along with more detailed advice to help you soon.
Wx
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:20:48 PM by Wrensong »

Wendycroft

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 04:23:00 PM »

Thanks. Just knowing night is resistant for others too has helped. I know I’m complex (!) and a pain in the wotsit but that helps  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »

Wendycroft you are not at all a pain in the wotsit, but as one complex case to another I know how you feel!
Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »

No question is silly, stupid and no one is a pain in the ****! we are here to support and share experiences.  Ladies can take what is appropriate and shelf the rest until required/not.

Browse round.

Wendycroft

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 04:52:58 PM »

Thanks. Would be nice for something be straightforward once in a while!!