Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Positive experiences of the Merina please!  (Read 619 times)

Jane50

Positive experiences of the Merina please!
« on: September 02, 2020, 08:07:20 PM »

Trying to psyche myself up to get the Merina fitted... would like to be told I'm worrying over nothing and it will transform my life please! Or failing that, it will at least be a painless experience and help reduce my bleeds...

X

Ms Peak

Re: Positive experiences of the Merina please!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 08:14:23 PM »

Hi there
Absolutely the best thing for me ever, had two now although some discomfort in fitting.... It put a total stop to all my awful periods of flooding, changing clothes whilst at work and everything else with menstruating.
Hope it helps
Ms Peak

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:17:41 PM »

No personal experience, but from reading, women who have it for menopausal & bleeding symptoms seem a lot happier than women who have it for contraception purposes and have no symptoms they are trying to allay.

Also, it takes a while for bleeding to stop, but it does reduce.

I would look at it in terms of whether it gets you to a better place than the one you are in now.

It might be worth keeping some sort of diary of symptoms so that you can show whether the effect is good or bad if you have to go back.

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 06:16:47 AM »

I am having Mirena fitted in the 24th. I’m hoping it will reduce my problems with the progesterone stage of HRT. I am currently on 4 x 1mg Sandrena. If this does not work I’m seriously thinking about a break to see what happens and start again!
Good luck