Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen and Evorel Conti  (Read 835 times)

sed

Oestrogen and Evorel Conti
« on: September 14, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »

Hi ladies...and yet another question(s).....

I have recently switched to Evorel Conti after being on the Sequi version after 5.5 weeks.  Reason being I explained to my consultant that I found the estrogen patches made me feel very poor suddenly not sure whether it’s too much or too little.  I also explained that I wasn’t great with the conti patches but better!  The consultant said to go on the Conti for 3 months and if things do not improve then she would prescribe more estrogen.  She does know re my last period being 7 months ago and said if I didn’t mind it would be okay.  At that point, I just wanted to feel ME again.  To be honest, I am getting confused separating the side effects to the patches and anxiety because I am sure these patches make your anxiety 10 times worse??

So far day 3 on the Conti and feel no different  :' Feel like Day 1 6 weeks ago.  Achy legs and back pain - low mood too.   Feel silly going back to her so soon.  Does anyone think this will work?  Settle??  Wondered if I should speak to my regular GP and ask for more estrogen to give it a go? 

Even though I feel weepy BECAUSE of my symptoms and feel sick and tired trying to figure stuff out which leads to my low mood: Struggle to understand why the professionals say take an AD?!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 06:20:54 PM by sed »

Hurdity

Re: Oestrogen and Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »

Hi sed - looks like your post got missed. Not sure if it's been answered (I just answered your pm but your message was before this post)? It can be tricky when first starting hRT knowing what is causing what. I do know that I started HRT in the same position - something like 5-6 months following previous periods and the one before that was a few months earlier so i was very late peri. I started on the same product and for me the oestrogen worked like a charm! I was having many hot flushes and night sweats and these disappeared within a few days and I felt great. I didn't get on with the conti part as the norethisterone gave me migraines although my doc thought it was due to the patch not sticking properly so she thought I was getting withdrawal migraines when I shouldn't, if you see what I mean? She changed me then to progesterone ( Cyclogest = unlicensed for hRT because utrogestan was not available yet) and this was fine although i continued to get withdrawal migraines most months. I didn't get anxious, nor leg pains nor low mood in fact my mood was increased hugely as a result of the oestrogen boost!

Sorry this is probably not much help because we each react differently to the different HRT components and also depending on our own hormonal status.

Yes it is generally advised to try a product for 3 months to allow your body to acclimatise.

Did you come to a decision? Hope you manage to find something to suit you...what about flushes and sweats - have these disappeared or did you not get them? This is usually a good first yardstick to judge whether oestrogen dose is at least at a minimal level to deal with symptoms. After that it might be a question of tweaking - but often easier said than done!

Hurdity x