Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Weight loss!  (Read 1450 times)

Penelope

Weight loss!
« on: August 27, 2020, 10:36:39 PM »

Hi everyone one I have now been on HRT for 10 months and I have lost 25kg has anyone else experienced weight loss?

NicolaJ

Re: Weight loss!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »

I am about to attempt HRT for the second time and weight gain was very much on my mind. I didn’t gain weight the first time (took for six months) nor did I lose. Are there any other contributory factors? Has your diet stayed the same or your level of exercise increased? It’s quite a bit to lose so might be worth investigating if no changes to diet or lifestyle? I took up running the first time round and still do now so I’ll be frantically making sure I do enough to avoid any potential gain? What HRT are you on?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 11:41:31 PM »

Hi Penelope. I would say that if you have lost this amount of weight without trying by changing your diet, exercising more etc then you should get this checked out by your GP. Unexplained weight loss can be a sign of underlying problems so best to mention it.

Taz x

Penelope

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:49:23 AM »

Hi all yes I have been to the doctor it does not matter what I eat the scales just keep going down the only thing I can put it down to is HRT.I have never been like this in my life it is wonderful but now getting a little scary.I have only read one other story from a women that also lost weight on the continuous HRT.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »

Hello Penelope.

Am I right in thinking that you were being treated for hypothyroidism at one point? If so I wonder if your thyroid could be contributing to your change in weight?

My weight has always been about the same whether I was on HRT or not. I realise it can have a huge impact for some ladies but in my case I neither lost nor gained weight.

Hope this helps a little and take care.

K.

Baby

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »

Hi Penelope. The weight was just dropping off me but the doctor said it was stress. I have been on a new HRT into my second month and have put a stone back on in two weeks so I presume it's this HRT. X

Penelope

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »

Thanks every one yes I do have thyroid but it is monitored and under control and normally it causes weight gain.On dr Newsons sight one lady explains loosing a lot of weight on HRT just wondering if anyone on here has found the same.Thank you for your reply’s 😀

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 03:09:32 PM »

I have lost a stone and a half since going on HRT. Have had lots of tests and all have been ok. I seem to have stabalised at 7 stone 12 (fingers crossed) and have to have make myself have snacks to maintain this weight. I definetly have less of an appetite since going on HRT but that may be a coincidence. I had digestive problems so did avoid certain foods so it is possible that explains some of my weight loss, but I'm not sure. It is really strange, all my friends are putting on weight and envy me but I look much older and wrinkled.

Itwillpass

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 08:12:27 PM »

I've had digestive issues for about 3 months, bloating, nervous tummy, no appetite due to peri menopause. Have been on hrt for 5 weeks & are still feeling the same including weight loss. Really have to force myself to eat  :'( I was worried because most women on hrt gain weight but after researching more it does seem as common to loose weight also, which makes sense if your digestive system has gone haywire!

Baby

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 10:01:32 PM »

Same here my digestive system has gone crazy. Wind, wind and more wind all day. And you know like when You need to break wind but you are in company so you hold it
 In no chance of that, it just comes. Really embarrassing

Penelope

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »

Thanks all so much yes it sounds familiar I have no appetite since starting HRT I have to force myself to eat and I can eat anything I take probiotic in the morning and one at night 50 billion that takes away all tummy pain if I ever wake I. The night with tummy pain I take one and twenty mins later it’s gone wish someone had to me this years ago all the Panadol I used to use.Grr

Sammiejane

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »

hi penelope

which hrt are you on ! have you had recent blood work

i lost lots of weight following hysterectomy although it was steady weight loss over two years without trying unfortunately i have gained weight on hrt amongst lots of other side effects . everyone kept saying to me your so skinny and i couldn’t see it didn’t think anything of it intill i drop another dress size and thought wow i’ve never been this size in my life although enjoyed it as always had slight curves which have come back but my appetite is up and down on hrt x

Penelope

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 09:45:10 PM »

Hi SammieJane I am on Kliovance it has been great but it took 9 months.
I have had every blood tests under the sun and I still am.Thanks for asking it seems it can be normal to loose weight on HRT! Xx