Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Got an appointment for Hysteroscopy..  (Read 2329 times)

Brit66

Got an appointment for Hysteroscopy..
« on: August 29, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »

Hi all, I have been waiting for almost 3 months for a hysteroscopy and just got my date for next week, September 3rd. I have to go for a covid test on the 1st which I hear is uncomfortable but it is what it is.
I hope it all goes well on the 3rd! I'm having the mirena fitted at the same time so hopefully that stop the heavy bleeding, I'm also going to have oestrogen too, I have to discuss this with my dr at the appointment. So I'm relieved to be starting hrt at last, I've kind of procrastinated for years. 
On the 3rd I will be having either a general anaesthetic or a spinal, my consultant said it depends what the anaesthetist prefers. I would prefer to just have sedation but again, it is what it is. I'm not worried about that it could be a precancerous result, I've been told I'm low risk and my bleeding stopped about a month ago. But I suppose it's still worth getting it done, right?
I will post about how it goes afterwards, if anyone has any insight or positive experiences they would like to share, I'd love you to let me know-thanks!  :)

Grheliz1

Re: Got an appointment for Hysteroscopy..
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 11:27:17 AM »

Watching with interest as I’m waiting for one too! Good luck.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 12:02:40 PM »

Hope it all goes well for you including the covid test.

If you put hysteroscopy into the search box - towards the top of the screen (blue bar on my system)  - it will bring up any posts which mention it.

Taz x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »

Hope all goes well, my teen daughter has to have a Covid test before her cardiology appointment.

Pumpkin55

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 09:14:17 PM »

Hi there
I had a hysteroscopy last week and had no general anaesthetic, no local anaesthetic and no sedatives and it was the most painless procedure I've ever had. I felt no discomfort at all. One good tip, if you're also not having any sedatives etc, is to take nurofen/paracetamol an hour before. Good luck! Any other questions please just ask.

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 07:23:13 AM »

Watching with interest as I’m waiting for one too! Good luck.

I will definitely keep you updated :)😃

Brit66

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 07:23:52 AM »

Hope it all goes well for you including the covid test.

If you put hysteroscopy into the search box - towards the top of the screen (blue bar on my system)  - it will bring up any posts which mention it.

Taz x

Thanks Taz! X

Brit66

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 07:25:02 AM »

Hope all goes well, my teen daughter has to have a Covid test before her cardiology appointment.

Thanks Tinkerbell, I'm not really worried about any if it, I just want it over and done with and looking forward to starting HRT :)

Brit66

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 07:28:39 AM »

Hi there
I had a hysteroscopy last week and had no general anaesthetic, no local anaesthetic and no sedatives and it was the most painless procedure I've ever had. I felt no discomfort at all. One good tip, if you're also not having any sedatives etc, is to take nurofen/paracetamol an hour before. Good luck! Any other questions please just ask.

Thank you for your support and Wow! I'm  so glad it was a breeze for you! Was it your choice to not have any anaesthetic or was that the hospital's policy? I will definitely take paracetamol but why before the procedure? I'm not going to feel anything when they actually do the hysteroscopy so I'm not sure I need it until after? Maybe I'm missing something so please fill me in :)
How long did the whole thing last and when do you get your results?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:04:10 AM by Brit66 »

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 08:08:37 AM »

I think you will feel a pinching if they are taking a biopsy of the lining so you need to take painkillers before to give them a chance to work.

Taz x

Brit66

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 08:14:13 AM »

I think you will feel a pinching if they are taking a biopsy of the lining so you need to take painkillers before to give them a chance to work.

Taz x

I'm having a spinal or GA so that hopefully won't be a problem!

Grheliz1

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »

Taz x

Taz, did the hospital suggest you took the painkillers or did you know to do this? I don't think mine will be happening with any anaesthetic but because I have a retroverted uterus, which caused some problems with my ultrasound scan, I am keen to be prepared!

Grheliz1

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 06:13:05 PM »

Thank you’

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »

Taz, did the hospital suggest you took the painkillers or did you know to do this? I don't think mine will be happening with any anaesthetic but because I have a retroverted uterus, which caused some problems with my ultrasound scan, I am keen to be prepared!

Sorry I haven't had one myself but just going on what others have said and the advice on NHS website.

Taz x  :)

Grheliz1

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »

:) taz
Pages: [1] 2