Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New member, struggling with HRT dose  (Read 751 times)

Lolalois

• First Flush
New member, struggling with HRT dose
« on: September 02, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »

Hi there,

I‘ve looked at this forum a lot and it’s been such a help, but this is my first post.

I’m 48, perimenopausal and have been on Sandrena (1mg) and utrogestin (100mg vaginally 10 days/month) for almost a year.
My symptoms had been anxiety, insomnia, bloating, muscle aches etc and they resolved very well with the HRT. However, recently symptoms have crept back so on the advice of my doctor I increased the gel a little to about 1.3mg (doctor suggested 1.5mg but I’m a little cautious).

Although overall the increase has helped, I’ve had about 3 nights since the increase 10 days ago where I’ve not been able to get to sleep for feeling wired. I use the gel at night and as this is a different type of insomnia to what I get as a symptom, I wondered if it may indicate too much oestrogen? Should I try splitting the dose and take some in the morning?

Last time I had bloods was months ago when I felt fine and my oestrogen was 500 then, I think that’s an ok level? But it may have fallen since.

I’m intolerant to the progesterone and find it weird as it affects me differently each month. I don’t think it’s related to the recent symptoms though.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated. Hope I’ve given enough info!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member, struggling with HRT dose
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:16:18 AM »

Morning.  Why not try the extra dose every 3rd night?   Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Maybe put the product name into the search box on the Forum and see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

Lolalois

• First Flush
Re: New member, struggling with HRT dose
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:35 PM »

Thanks, will do. Ill have a chat to my GP too and see what they recommend.