Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 1005 times)

NicolaJ

New to the site
« on: August 25, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »

Hi everyone. I’m loving what I’ve found this far on the site, so I thought I’d say hi, and share where I’m at. My peri journey started a few years ago(I’m now 48) I went to the GP with mixed results, was prescribed an antidepressant (could not even stand after one tablet) and eventually accepted Elleste Duet. My main symptoms are anxiety and mood swings and found that after 6 months I was getting worse. Another GP in my practice took me off it and said HRT was not the answer. Fast forward 2.5 years and I am worse. Relationships are tough because of my irritability and anxiety is much higher. I had a phone consultation with a GP who ordered bloods and BP checks and I’m now ready for another prescription of HRT. Thanks to lots of research, on here mostly, I am trying a different class of progestin and have asked for Femeston. The GP has asked the admin to check if FemSeven Sequi is available, despite me telling him it is not! I’m awaiting a call back to see what they say. The whole process is so slow, given the current Covid situation. I’m pinning all of my hopes on getting Femeston and it working. I’ll keep you posted! 🤞

Baby

Re: New to the site
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »

Welcome and good luck. For some ladies they try a HRT and boom it works. It did for my sister in law. I am currently on my fourth try of a different HRT. The thing to remember is if this doesn't work it is NOT you. You may think you are going mad but it IS your hormones when I am having a really bad day I keep reminding myself of this.x

NicolaJ

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 03:47:54 PM »

Thanks so much. I have been through the ‘it’s me’ thing but I know it’s not. Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 05:40:08 PM »

Hello NicolaJ and welcome to the forum.

I think repeating the mantra "it's not me, it's my hormones" is the best way to stay sane at this time in our lives. The other way is to chat to the lovely ladies on the forum and realise that you are not alone.

Wishing you well.

K.

NicolaJ

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »

I’m now reading posts more than I’m reading anything else 😂 it’s so reassuring. I’m still waiting for the GP to get back to me. For goodness sake how long does it take!!!

NicolaJ

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »

I finally have my Femeston 1/10. I’m sitting looking at the box and am almost too frightened to take one! This is mad! I’m very much an optimistic person and really want this to help. Wish me luck, I will report back! 🤞🤞🤞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 02:41:39 PM »

:welcomemm: