Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 five weeks in feel worse  (Read 1553 times)

Itwillpass

Femoston 2/10 five weeks in feel worse
« on: August 27, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »

Been on femoston 2/10 for nearly five weeks now, was getting debilitating symptoms before taking of aching joints, digestive issues, anxiety but worse crushing fatigue. If anything I feel worse on it! Joint pain is awful lay in bed last night, legs & elbows felt like they were burning. Should I stop taking or push on? My gp is on holiday this week too 😕 Been in peri menopause for about 18 months but last 6 months have been horrendous.

Jane50

Re: Femoston 2/10 five weeks in feel worse
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »

Hi
Sorry you're having a rough time. Only speaking from personal experience and info on here but the general opinion is you need to give any HRT regime 3-6 months. I know that's probably not what you want to hear. It was DEFINITELY not what I wanted to hear! I felt I couldn't do another 3 days, never mind months... I did find though that as time wore on I would gradually get some days better than others. I found keeping a diary of my symptoms helped me keep track of what was going on and also useful for gynae consults esp as my brain fog is terrible! I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. Maybe someone else may have some advice re your joint pain. X

Itwillpass

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 01:05:12 PM »

Aww thank you, I really hope to feel better soon too.  Yes I've heard at least three months, so will stick with it. I just didn't expect to feel worse, maybe hoping to much for a miracle. I have a diary which is very useful but seem to write the same awful day after awful day lately,  I usually feel better by evening but last night was quite scary with the pain.

Tynkabelle

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 07:10:18 AM »

I’m going to give you a slightly different response 😀

I have been taking HRT for 19 years, cancer of ovaries etc and a few months ago my usual  HRT was not in stock so my Dr subscribed Femoston 2mg as a like for like.

Bear in mind I have been taking a similar HRT for a long time after a couple of days of Femoston started to have horrible side effects, I put a post on here similar to you asking if I should stop, I persevered taking it for a full 30 days, then made the decision not to take any HRT at all but tried my chemist to see if they could find any packets of my old HRT, they did, so got my Dr to re subscribe my old HRT

To me Femoston 2/10 mg had severe effects straight away and I have read more people have a horrid time with it than get on with it.  Another interesting point I have noticed is that although we are all in different stages, Femoston has been prescribed as it seems it is a HRT that is readily available compared to other HRT types - therefore I am assuming Drs have been advised to dish it out rather than do research as to whether it would really work...  my opinion naturally 👍

So ... to me if your symptoms are unbearable, go back to the Dr and challenge - yes take on board that there is a settling in period however I have been in the HRT game for a long time, have gone through numerous types of HRT over the years and kNow/gut feel if something is going to settle or not

All the best in making a decision that suits you xx

Itwillpass

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 09:37:47 AM »

How interesting thank you, my gp isn’t back in the surgery till next Wednesday so will keep taking until I speak with her. What do you take now gel/patches? It’s all quite overwhelming to be honest but really didn’t expect to feel worse on hrt!  :'( I was in bed from 3pm yesterday as was so tired & struggling to get going today

Tynkabelle

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »

I’m back to taking Cyclo Progynova 2mg - pill format

Yes, HRT can be horrid - it’s kind of deciding whether to tolerate the HRT side effects or live with the menopause symptoms - I chose to take HRT however was able to change after a month or so each time if they didn’t react well with me till I found one that suited.

Agree to keep taking what you have till you can see your GP - all the best and I hope the next few days are more bearable for you 👍😀

Itwillpass

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »

Hi ladies so I spoke to my gp she’s told me to stop taking the femoston & I’ve got to do a wee/poop test. Mentioned h plyori which does seem cause a lot of my digestive issues 🤷🏻‍♀️ Gosh does it never end!? Then maybe consider a gel form hrt see how I go & what the results are next week