Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: No periods on monthly HRT  (Read 1146 times)

whippet21

• First Flush
No periods on monthly HRT
« on: August 20, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »

Apologies if you are reading this twice I realise I posted on the wrong thread.

Hi ladies - I wondered if I could draw on your experiences. I've been on HRT since April - Estrogel (2 pumps) and 14 days of Utrogestan. I've had some headaches towards the end of each cycle but apart from that fine. However. I have not had any bleeding for the last two cycles, despite bad PMT & some cramping. I am peri-menopausal and had fairly regular periods before, sometimes skipping a month but have suffered for years with low-mood and anxiety which we think was peri-related.  I am now at the point where I am desparate for a bleed so that it takes away the low mood that I get with each cycle leading up to my period. Does this lack of bleeding suggest that the dose of my estrogel might need to be increased, or do some women just not bleed and that's ok? My GP is between surgeries at the moment so I can't register to see her until Sept so wanted to ask here. Thanks so much, Emma

Nik2502

Re: No periods on monthly HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

Hi

When I was on femeston 2/10, I hardly ever bled. Doc said it was because it was keeping the womb lining thin enough.

Nic x

lillith112

Re: No periods on monthly HRT
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 06:35:12 AM »

I didn't bleed for 3 months on oestrodose gel as it didn't work for me, my estrogen levels dropped and all my menopause symptoms came back. As soon as I swapped back to Estraderm mx75 patches I had a normal fairly heavy period and symptoms disappeared.

Lillith.