Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety or Hormones  (Read 713 times)

sed

Anxiety or Hormones
« on: September 01, 2020, 02:10:19 PM »

Just wondered if anyone had any answers on this topic.  Since the beginning of March I intermittently have breathlessness.  Usually lasts on and off for a few days.  For example, I have since Sunday been having about 5 or 10 mins of taking deep breaths!  GP says anxiety and then I read Hormones - which is it???.  I don’t feel anxious.

If the latter - what are the chances of HRT actually helping with this?  Any success stories?

I am on week 4 last patch of Evorel Sequi and had about a 3 day bleed last week.  Not sure if I should be still bleeding  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety or Hormones
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »

Do you sing?  Singing regulates the breathing correctly.  Shallow breathing causes anxiety to feel worse. Hormones can cause anxiety it's difficult to know the difference.

The idea is to breath in sharply through the nose, hold for 10 counts and death gently from the mouth.  3 times and rest.  Once every 30 mins. until you control the anxiety surges.  How is your diet?

sed

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »

I don’t sing 🎵 - my family wouldn’t be able to cope!

I will try the breathing technique hoping it works.  I have only just got back a diet after about 3 or so weeks.  I have tried to stay away from dairy and red meat - that has only been the change so far.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 05:00:58 PM »

R U vegan?  I find red meat slows down my bowels for 2 days after  >:(  ::)