Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femosten HRT  (Read 931 times)

christinedownsouth

Femosten HRT
« on: May 03, 2020, 11:37:19 AM »

Hello, I hope everyone is keeping safe and well at the moment.

I was wondering what peoples experiences are of the above HRT. I am coming to the end of month three on this and the Jurys still out in my case whether its helping or maybe I need to give it more time. I am on this on tablet form and I am thinking perhaps I should consider gel or patches, I know tablets carry a higher risk factor but at the time I started HRT I was so desperate I just took what was offered.

My meno symptoms have never been hot flushes, with me it started with sudden high bp and anxiety rushes, my GP gave me an ECG and it showed a fast slightly irregular heartbeat so he put me on Bisoprolol which I am still taking. My BP is normal now but I still have mild heart palpitations and feel slightly out of breath when this happens, also tingling, headaches and the worst thing of all is slow speech which is ok in the morning but gets worse in the evening. I know what I want to say but it just feels like hard work getting the words out, not natural. I am dreading going back to work after being furloughed as my job is speaking on the phone all day. I have been referred for a neurology test called an EMG but for obvious reasons I am having to wait for this.

I should add that none of these symptoms are all at once and the tingling/headaches have subsided since taking the HRT. But the speech issue is really getting me down and at times I wonder if I have a neurology issue and none of this is anything to do with the menopause, in which case maybe there is no point in being on HRT at all? I cant find any evidence linking speech problems with the menopause.

Mogster71

Re: Femosten HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 04:35:11 PM »

Hi Christine

I've been taking Femoston for about 6 months. I'm on the lower dose (1/10). Hot flushes were not my symptom either but it was the only version of progesterone I could tolerate in the 3 lots of tablets I was trialled on, and even now it gives me grief!

I'm sorry to hear you're having some speech issues. Where are you in your menopause? Were you still having regular periods when you started the Femoston? Is Bisoprolol a beta-blocker? Do you feel that the symptoms are caused by the HRT or the other medication? Tingling and slurred speech can be symptoms of migraine too. I didn't take the BB that I was prescribed because I was scared to (My blood pressure is low already and I didn't want to feel faint). At times when I got those speech/tingly feelings I thought I had something serious going on but meno can do really weird things to you, brain fog and finding the right words is one of them. I have heard other ladies say that they get these sort of anxiety rushes when they get a hot flush..perhaps this is that too?

If you pop Femoston into the search box at the top you might find some other ladies who are taking it too xx

christinedownsouth

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »

Hi, thanks for responding... my periods are only about twice a year now, I was suddenly hit by all these symptoms back in August just after my 54th birthday but didn't start taking HRT until the new year.  Yes Bisoprolol is a beta blocker as my BP was high and my heart rate was fast so this medication has calmed that down. I would like to wean myself off that as I have raised the question to my doctor if its that thats causing the speech issues but that was deemed as very unlikely.  I don't think any of the symptoms are caused by HRT as they were all present before I started to take it. I am just hoping that its all just down to the peri-menopause and nothing else!

Itwillpass

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »

I've been taking Femoston 2\10 for just over 4 weeks, had awful peri menopause for about 6 months joint pain, digestive issues, headaches, tingling of my skin, dizzy head feeling, jelly legs, anxiety, but by far the worse total fatigue. Haven't seen any improvement yet in fact sometimes think I feel worse 😕 haven't had a bleed yet either. How are you getting on now