Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Evorel sequi, change HRT?  (Read 683 times)

Tas

• First Flush
Bleeding on Evorel sequi, change HRT?
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:02:06 AM »

Hi I don't know if I'm post or peri menopause. I've been on Evorel sequi for 3 yrs, the regular bleeds have decreased and now are very random and usually light. Though I did have a period like bleed 6 weeks ago.

I've had a smear and a hysteroscopy recently, all is fine.

The consultant advised either stopping HRT (NO!) or going onto a continuous HRT to stop the bleeding.

I'm confused, do I need to stop the bleeding? It's not troublesome. Won't that increase the risk of womb lining cancer? Or as the hysteroscopy was fine do I not need to worry about that? I'm 46 btw.

Tia for any advice, I don't find the GPs generally have in depth knowledge of HRT so would prefer to get some information before I see them.

Taz2

Re: Bleeding on Evorel sequi, change HRT?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 12:33:46 PM »

Hi Tas. There is no need to stop the sequi HRT but some women prefer not to have a bleed - although the continuous HRT can give bleeding problems for the first six months - but the advice is usually that conti HRT is not to be started until the age of around 53 unless you were post meno when you started HRT. From what I understand it, once you are past this age, the continuous supply of progesterone keeps your womb lining thin enough. Each case is different though so maybe your consultant had their own reasons for suggesting this.

Taz x  :)

Tas

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »

Thanks so much Taz, that makes sense and ties in with what I thought. The consultant was quite brisk and told me to discuss with my GP then it was time to go!. Although I am not complaining at all about my GPs, they don't always immediately know everything about HRT so I wanted to check.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »

It's always worth checking. This forum is excellent for that. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :)