Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Troublesome hormones - grateful for advice!  (Read 1012 times)

Scampidoodle

Troublesome hormones - grateful for advice!
« on: August 25, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »

Hi, I have been reading this site with interest for a while and wanted to get your thoughts on my situation if that’s ok.

I’m currently on 3 pumps of oestrogel along with the Mirena coil. Only went up to 3 today. I’ve had the Mirena since 2018.

I’m 41, was on the pill from an early age due to PCOS and had suffered with low mood and anxiety throughout that time and multiple different pills. I came off to conceive my son in 2012 with metformin in 2012 followed by PND.

I had my daughter in 2016, conceived naturally followed by PND.

Whilst recovering in the years following I noted my symptoms appeared hormonal and I could feel totally fine and the me I know whereas other times I could be in a very dark place. I feel these symptoms have gotten worse these last couple of years and wondered if I’m beginning perimenopause. I appear to be v sensitive to any hormone shifts

I appear to have issues when my period finishes where I’m extremely irritable/rage full And full of anxiety. Then I would have a more depressive episodes  pre period. I had menstrual migraines, terrible ovulation pain and a few hot flush episodes but not many. Random insomnia.

I visited a hormone clinic in March and started of oestrogel and went up to 3 yesterday after a review. I don’t fit the standard PMDD as it’s not just post ovulation. I wondered if I’m beginning peri?? I feel I’m losing myself these last couple of years and my quality of life is lowering and it’s affecting how I am as a mum, wife and at work.

Bloods, which I know aren’t terrible reliable, showed normal range FSH and Estradiol at 79 pmol/L when taken on day 3.

The aim is to get up to 4 pumps.

Would this suppress my cycle?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 09:29:34 AM by Scampidoodle »

Salad

Re: Troublesome hormones - grateful for advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 03:39:52 PM »

Hi- I didn’t want to pass by and not leave a reply.
Unfortunately no advice for you, which isn’t very helpful, but hopefully someone else will be by soon who can help.  :)

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »

Thankyou that’s very kind.

Just a bit clueless on perimenopause really and about HRT  :) x

Salad

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 11:13:35 AM »

I think we all were at sometime  :D

It’s worth using the search feature to bring up topics you’re interested in, as a lot of information on the site.

Good luck  :welcomemm:

Scampidoodle

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 09:46:20 PM »

Thankyou Salad, I really appreciate you replying and I will search the site x