Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femaston 2/10 and vagifem  (Read 752 times)

Shelly65

Femaston 2/10 and vagifem
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »

Is it unusual to have both Femaston and vagifem plus a bit of ovestin for outside. Been on this for 3 years and doctor says it's unusual to have all 3. Have vagifem 4 to 5 times per week as it not controlled. Thanks

Joaniepat

Re: Femaston 2/10 and vagifem
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »

No, it is not unusual to need local oestrogen for VA, in addition to systemic HRT. I have both, as do many others here.
JP x

Shelly65

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »

Thankyou. I didn't think so. My doctors drive me crazy. No clue whatsoever ever. They are trying to force me to reduce my vagifem and I won't give in to them so they tell me in putting myself at risk of cancer. Of course I have done so much reading in here that I feel confident that I am making the right choice for me but it's quite draining to have to go over it every few months.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »

Oh for goodness sake! Why do they get in such a flap over a bit of local oestrogen, when it is such a tiny amount! But then, they have no training in menopause, and precious little interest. Compulsory training would be the way forward. Anyway, rant over, and don't let the b*st*rds grind you down!

Have you got Jane Lewis's book, Me and my Menopausal Vagina?  Maybe you could present them with copy.

JP x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »

I use Estrogel, Vagifem and Ovestin, one female GP told me i didn't need topical if using systemic and she wasn't going to precribe any more after my prescription ran out, i decided i wouldn't see her again!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:53:23 PM by Tinkerbell »

Shelly65

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 03:17:25 PM »

Haha I did say I will buy them that book for christmas. They need to read it. I am very determined when I see the doctor that I get the right treatment for me but how many women must suffer because GPs don't or won't listen.