Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone used Trinny BB cream/recommend a good foundation  (Read 2001 times)

Emm225

Anyone used Trinny BB cream/recommend a good foundation
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:44:06 PM »

Anyone used Trinny BB cream or can recommend a good foundation?  Used to use Estee Lauder doublewear but find it feels really heavy and "Claggy" on my skin now.  Difficult during covid times to find a foundation/shade as I presume testers aren't available...and I haven't been to town since February!

Emm225

Re: Anyone used Trinny BB cream/recommend a good foundation
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »

Will have a look, thank you

Harmony

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »

I love mineral powder foundation, I find it so much better. It's very light, so doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. It's beneficial to your skin too, unlike normal foundation, and looks very natural and flattering. It gives a slight, very natural looking sheen once you've been wearing it for a short time. It blends in better with your skin than liquid foundation, so it's more forgiving if you don't get exactly the right shade. I buy mine from Pure Magic Minerals, who have an eBay shop as well as their own. They start at £6 for a small jar, which will last for quite a while, and you get a generous sample sachet of a similar colour in case you need to alter it, and some samples of their other products too. They also do refill sachets, which are even cheaper. They look darker in the pot than they go on, I had to return the first one I bought as it was too pale. Apparently Medium Beige suits most Caucasian skin tones unless you're very pale or dark, it's quite a neutral colour. I have light medium skin with slightly warm tones, and Warm Sand suits me best, but Light Sand, Light Medium Beige and Medium Beige all look fine too.. You tap a very small amount into the lid, swirl your (kabuki) brush into it, and apply it in a circular motion, it's really quick and easy, it takes seconds. There are also YouTube videos on how to use mineral foundation. It has a natural SPF too. A jar will last for months, so it's really economical. There are also finishing powders, which give an amazing finish, they make you look like you have fantastic skin. I honestly don't have anything to do with the company, I know this sounds like an ad, but finding it was a revelation! 😀
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 10:24:03 AM by Harmony »

Emm225

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 06:01:31 PM »

Never heard of this, I have used Bare minerals in the past but stopped as fed up of powder everywhere ...can't remember the other reasons! Does this stuff last a while on skin (can't be bothered to keep re touching) and don't want to look like I have a heavy cake of powder make up on, no settling into pores etc

Harmony

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 10:49:07 AM »

Never heard of this, I have used Bare minerals in the past but stopped as fed up of powder everywhere ...can't remember the other reasons! Does this stuff last a while on skin (can't be bothered to keep re touching) and don't want to look like I have a heavy cake of powder make up on, no settling into pores etc

It's a very small, one woman business I think, that's why it's so well priced. She offers a great service too, very helpful. Yes, I find it lasts very well, and doesn't accentuate pores (I have oily skin with open pores). It gives a no make up look, that's one of the things I like about it. It looks a little dry when it's just been applied, but after a short time it looks completely natural. If I use a finishing powder over it, it looks great straight away The one thing I don't like is the powder residue, but I feel that's a small price to pay for a great product. I wish it came in pressed rather than loose form, though!

If you like a BB cream, I used to use a great one from MUA from Superdrug. I'm not sure if they still make it, though. That gave a lovely finish too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:53:31 AM by Harmony »