Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Delay period with Utrogestan?  (Read 4130 times)

Cupcake100

• First Flush
Delay period with Utrogestan?
« on: August 21, 2020, 09:50:49 PM »

Hi to all,

I’m peri-menopausal. Taking 2 pumps of estrogel a day and 2 x 100mg of Utrogestan for last 14 days of cycle.

All is working well, except my periods tend to be heavy.

So, I’m wondering if I can take Utrogestan for a few extra days at the end of my 14 day 200mg dose this month, to delay my period so it (hopefully) comes after my romantic weekend away rather than during   ::)

Any advice appreciated!  :)

Julia45

Re: Delay period with Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »

Sorry, I can’t answer as I’ve just gone on to HRT myself. Can I just ask how you’ve got on with the Progesterone tablet? I’m wondering whether to take mine orally or vaginally? I’m on gel and doing well so far (I think). It’s been a week. X

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:34:06 PM »

Hi Julia

Which gel are you using please?  Has it started to work quickly and do you still have periods?  Sorry for all the questions!

Julia45

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 03:48:27 PM »

No problem, Lol. I’m using Oestrodose  and I’ve been on it for just over a week. I do feel calmer unless it’s placebo. Saying that, I’m not usually that anxious at the beginning of the month anyway. I have a period every other month or every third month.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 09:11:41 PM »

I would stretch your cycle by delaying the utro for a few days. If you're peri you might find you bleed anyway though, I find my own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one.