Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Splits and soreness  (Read 975 times)

jasmine5

Vaginal Splits and soreness
« on: August 22, 2020, 10:55:49 PM »

Anyone suffering from really sore splits in the skin on both sides of their vagina even though they're on   Hrt?  I thought Hrt would protect me from atrophy-type symptoms so not sure what's going on!  I've tried Sylk and some sort of vaginal moisturiser but they've not helped.  Any advice please?

Dierdre

Re: Vaginal Splits and soreness
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:40:44 PM »

You will need something extra for atrophy, vagifem or ovestin will help. HRT doesnt always reach so local oestrogen is also needed.

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:53:52 AM »

If the splits are in the labia Ovestin cream (very small amount) massaged daily will help plump up the tissue and heal the splits.  You do need to be patient for the improvement, it’s not overnight.  I think it was around a month of daily use before my problem was completely under control.  Some systemic HRT will help but not all.  For me Femosten and Tibolone didn’t but Sandrena and Utrogestan have. Now I use it very occasionally.
HTH,
S

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 07:04:58 AM »

ooohhhh   -  get some KY Jelly or Vaseline today ASAP - gentle application several times and ring your Surgery in the morning and ask for appropriate localised vaginal atrophy treatment.  The idea is to use either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' nightly for at least 2 weeks and then see how symptoms have eased.  Then it's a matter of keeping symptoms under control.  Some require both HRT and VA treatments.

Treatment is for Life.

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »

I've had these, horrible. You need ovestin cream used regularly.  My sympathy. X