Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hip pain  (Read 1336 times)

Tryingtobehealthy

• First Flush
Hip pain
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:09:36 PM »

:-\
Hi, I’m new to the forum and new to HRT! My most difficult symptom at the moment is hip pain. It’s only on my right side and seems to be at the front of the socket. I’ve had my gallbladder taken out years ago but that didn’t help. I’ve had ultrasound and colonoscopy that found nothing. It is worse when I have IBS and am constipated and definitely follows my monthly cycle - but as my cycle currently includes at least 3 weeks of symptoms, it’s not fun! Hence me starting HRT. Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone found something that relieves the pain?  ;

Klt

Re: Hip pain
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 08:21:08 AM »

Hi I can’t help but can sympathise I’ve suffered with neck and left hip pain since the beginning of the year I’ve also developed tinnitus and I’ve also had ibs with constipation for a good few years too, I’m 46

I use peppermint and laxatives for the ibs and constipation. I’m waiting for a hospital appointment re tinnitus and I’ll then need an appointment for the hip/neck pain.GP thinks arthritis and that tinnitus is connected. I’m frustrated with the wait time for the hospital tinnitus appointment but what can you do?!

Meanwhile I’ve always suffered terribly with PMT and at 46 it’s ridiculous the depression is now combined with anxiety and with the stuff above too I asked for hrt and I’ve been given the lowest femoston tablets to try I’m just waiting for my period to start so I can start taking them.

I dread to think how long I’ll wait for a proper diagnosis for my hip pain but in the meantime I’ll see if the hrt has any effect

Kate29

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »

Hi Trying to....

I too am new to HRT, I spoke with my GP yesterday as I had a year of shoukd pain and now painful elbows.
My gp said joint pain is very common as estrogen reduces.

I hope you feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »

Afternoon Girls - as oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; scalp, skin, eyes, deep in the ears, nostrils and vagina - do read the threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy.  Make notes ;-).  Also muscles may become lax = aches and pains which over the counter pain relief should help with.  Good diet and regular gentle exercise will help.

So it stands to reason that the bowel may well be affected by a lack of oestrogen affecting the gut spasm.  We have a thread on bowels somewhere  ::).  I have suffered with slow transit for years  >:( and eventually my bowel spasm stopped completely, fortunately the GP was able to prescribe medication which saved my Life. 

Lack of oestrogen can cause frozen shoulder, hiatus hernia etc. etc. etc.; we do have other threads to take our minds off it all .... dog breeds, gardening, cycling, swimming ........

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 02:23:20 PM »

Hello Tryingtobehealthy and welcome to the forum.

I thought I'd add that a gastroenterologist recommended ground flaxseeds as a treatment for constipation. My friend was suffering a lot and this was the advice given to her and it maybe something that you could try.

Wishing you well.

K.

Klt

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 07:56:05 PM »

Just bought flaxseed don’t half get stuck in your teeth lol

Tryingtobehealthy

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 09:58:19 PM »

Thanks for your comments ladies. It’s worth trying some of the things you mention, although I’ll be careful of the flaxseeds in my teeth 😂. ;D
It is a relief to hear that there are others with similar pains. Hopefully they won’t be with us for ever!!

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I just want to reiterate that  flaxseeds should be ground up in a spice or coffee grinder before eating. I do this in batches and put them in the fridge where they keep for six weeks. You can also buy packets of them ready ground from supermarkets. They are tough little blighters and are likely to just pass through you undigested if you swallow them whole lol.

Hope this helps and take care ladies.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 12:15:25 PM »

One of my meno symptoms was hip pain. I'm on HRT and it's gone but I can't remember how long it took. Mine was at the front but in both hips so may not be the same as yours.