Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: private appointment for meno  (Read 2299 times)

Baby

Re: private appointment for meno
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 08:18:41 PM »

When your hormones oestrogen and progesterone go haywire through meno it also affects your hormones cortisol etc. I have found this out through this website.  Hoping he may be able to help in some way as endocrinologist study all of our hormones. Basically I feel I have too much cortisol and I have no endorphins. The gym helps burn off the anxiety but when I am for example on the treadmill and have a good run you know that feeling of when you finish and you have that God that felt good feeling I don't.

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 09:56:59 PM »

Are you going to see one on the NHS or  are you going privately?

KarineT

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 07:57:14 AM »

So  it could be that cortisol is responsible for the panic feelings that you get.

Baby

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 10:43:26 AM »

It's been really weird how I have got to see one. I offered to go private but they are only taking referrals from the NHS at the moment. My gp seems to think I won't have to wait too long. Yes I have way too much cortisol. That's what keeps causes the flight or fight in me. And it happens in everything I do. Really horrible. If I can carry on and fight it it tends to get easier as the day goes on.x

KarineT

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2020, 11:10:11 AM »

This is horrible.  I think the ovaries produce less progesterone & oestrogen and cortisol takes over and it causes anxiety and panic.  This probably explains why I get anxiety.  I've asked my gp to refer me to an endocrinologist and I will see what happens.

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2020, 11:17:52 AM »

Hello ladies.

I have also found that the anxiety and panicky feelings are the most distressing meno symptom. I think cortisol is naturally higher in the morning as it rouses us from sleep.

Baby - it will be very interesting to hear about your experiences with the endocrinologist. As you say all our hormones are out of balance so seeing someone who understands this should be very useful to you.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Baby

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »

I just wish it was face to face not over the telephone.  I don't know whether they can do blood tests to check cortisol etc. I did a 24 hour urine collection test earlier in the year. Something to do with checking my adrenals but that came back ok. Also I had thyroid checked and I was borderline so am on low dose levothyroxine. When I had bloods done again levels had lowered so gp said I was fine. But I have read about more in depth blood tests can show problems that the standard NHS blood test for thyroid won't. I asked my gp about if it was worth me going for these tests and he said he didn't think they would show anything. It's a strange situation when in life you pray you won't get I'll then with this meno crap you wish they would find something else wrong with you.x
Pages: 1 [2]