Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here and confused and would like some help please :-/  (Read 921 times)

Julestoo

New here and confused and would like some help please :-/
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »

My periods stopped when I did a down regulation ivf cycle with drugs that typically cause menopausal symptoms but cease as soon as you stop the drugs but my ovaries shut down and didn’t respond and the menopause symptoms didn’t go :-/ it’s been 3 months nearly

I had several blood tests and my levels are classed as post menopause but I’m confused because I thought you’re not in menopause until you haven’t had a period for a year

3 years ago I skipped 2 periods and had hot flushes and then I took epo and hot flushes stopped and periods came most every month but all different cycle lengths and I reviewed that blood test and my FSH was 45 (dr didn’t test e2 & prog) so I have been expecting same thing to happen but I guess this time is different.

How will I know if I ovulate if I’m on hrt and how will I know if it’s an actual period?

Why’s it called a withdrawal bleed when I won’t be withdrawaling - the femoston is a consistent estrogen daily

Am I still perimenopause or is this menopause even though it’s only been less than 3 months?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:34:08 AM by Julestoo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here and confused and would like some help please :-/
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 11:22:01 AM »

No wonder you are confused.  By 40s our bodies begin to prepare for menopause, i.e. peri - when ladies note differences in their menstrual cycle.  Browse round, most have been through any symptoms you may feel!  Make notes.

Menopause : literally the last monthly bleed.  But we can't be certain until 12 months without and sometimes they turn up when ovaries have a party even after a gap of 18 months.  Mine waxed and waned for several years until I realised in 2002 that I hadn't had a period for ages.

Maybe keeping a mood/symptom/food diary would be of use?  Blood tests are reliably unreliable!

:welcomemm:

Julestoo

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »

Thanks.
I just wonder why the Dr is telling me with no uncertainty that I’ll never have another period and also how will I know if I have a real period if I’m on Femoston.
Will I have a bleed on Femoston? What do we call it ? Do we call it a period?

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »

Thanks.
I just wonder why the Dr is telling me with no uncertainty that I’ll never have another period and also how will I know if I have a real period if I’m on Femoston.
Will I have a bleed on Femoston? What do we call it ? Do we call it a period?
Isn't it called a withdrawal bleed?
JP

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 02:04:32 PM »

Does it say in the leaflet in the box ?