Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorol Sequi patches changing to gel and progesterone tablets  (Read 773 times)

Nicola Madonna

Evorol Sequi patches changing to gel and progesterone tablets
« on: September 05, 2020, 09:59:00 PM »

I have been on evorol sequi now for about 1 year. It has been such an improvement,except for one thing. My left breast has chronic pain.  So my doc said maybe swap to the gel and progesterone tablets. I am 44. Has anyone done the swap. Pros and cons please. Thank you.

Uptick

Re: Evorol Sequi patches changing to gel and progesterone tablets
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 10:08:30 AM »

Hi Nicola Madonna, sorry I can't help regarding the swap. Which progesterone tablets? You're still young, why are you on HRT? Does your doctor think breast pain is connected to the norethisterone in Evorel Sequi patches?

Nicola Madonna

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »

I have ad such a tough time with peri menopause. HRT Has been so good for me except for this breast pain. Could you elaborate more on northiserone - which I assume that is the progesterone. The breast pain is constant on the oestrogen and progesterone. I think this is why I need to switch.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 04:40:37 PM by Nicola Madonna »

Uptick

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »

Norethisterone acetate is the synthetic progestogen of Evorel Sequi patches, along with estradiol hemihydrate.

I don't know if it can cause breast pain and I'm puzzled that you have chronic pain in one breast, but not the other! Have you had a mammogram?

Nicola Madonna

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 04:41:17 PM »

Yes have had mammogram - it showed all was fine.

Uptick

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »

That's good. Does the pain change when you're on the combo patches (estradiol + norethisterone) compared to the mono patches (estradiol)?