Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feel dreadful, is this why....?  (Read 1495 times)

KaraShannon

Feel dreadful, is this why....?
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »

Hi ladies

I am so wiped out today I haven't managed to do anything.  I'm not a lazy person, I've got underactive thyroid, but it doesn't usually stop me in my tracks like today.  My brain is full of all the things I want to do but I can't find the energy at all.  :(

Two things might be the reason, wondering what you think.

1)  I have my period at the moment and don't usually use vagifem during it (don't know why, just didn't like the thought  ;D), but yesterday I did.  I always sleep really deeply on the nights I have vagifem, and just wondering if perhaps it doesn't mix with my period, as I'm wiped out when I have it anyway.  So kind of a double whammy?

2)  On Thursday I forgot to change my estradiol patch, until Friday at 2 pm.  I changed it then, but would have been a day late.  Could I be feeling the effects of that?  Been wiped out since Friday.

Thanks for any ideas.  I'm spending the day at home but not even getting anything done here, just feel awful (but not ill, just like I could sleep for a week)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feel dreadful, is this why....?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »

Be kind to yourself.  I would think it's more likely to be the lack of estradiol patch ..........  I wouldn't use 'vagifem' during a bleed, the vagina is lubricated at that time and would probably expel the tablet  ;)

I would feel bushed during the week prior and during my periods.  Crashing fatigue  >:(.

Keep hydrated and eat little and often.  Rest.

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 04:51:53 PM »

Thanks CLKD

I'm shocked by the extent of the fatigue, but then I'm not like this all the time so hopefully, like you say, messing up the patch was part of it.  I've just got back from the shop anyway and feeling a bit more with it, at 6pm in the evening, lol.  Ah well.   ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »

I remember Mum suddenly stopping in the middle of what she was doing, sitting down and sleeping for a couple of hours.  Hormones? she never had HRT.

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:40:47 PM »

Hi

I could sleep around the clock for the week before my period. I’m literally like a zombie. It’s awful.
I feel a little better in the evening but lack motivation.  I’d stay in bed all day if I could!

Xx

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 04:25:06 PM »

I remember Mum suddenly stopping in the middle of what she was doing, sitting down and sleeping for a couple of hours.  Hormones? she never had HRT.

Thanks, it's awful.  No one tells us about this.  I'm much better today, got out shopping, visiting, doing some housework, I'm a different person.  Yesterday I wanted to do all those things but I couldn't.  It must have been messing up that patch that did it. 

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

Hi

I could sleep around the clock for the week before my period. I’m literally like a zombie. It’s awful.
I feel a little better in the evening but lack motivation.  I’d stay in bed all day if I could!

Xx

Thanks Nik2502

That's how I was yesterday, it was awful, I just couldn't move.  I wanted to as well, my brain is always active and gets bored easily but my body just wouldn't do anything  ;D  Today I'm much more with it again, so I think it was because I messed up with one of the HRT patches.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 04:48:04 PM »

Note to Self  :D

Penelope

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 06:35:35 AM »

Be very gentle on yourself and don’t do much at all when you feel this way.Next time you are at the doctors ask for a thyroid antibodies test that will tell you if you have Hashimoto’s
Fatigue plays a big part in thyroid disease.🌹

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »

Thanks Penelope

Some days I actually can't do anything.  Thankfully they are not all like that because I hate those days.  I was told 20 years ago I had hashimoto's, I don't recall them mentioning antibodies etc, though, so maybe I should double check this.  I am on levothyroxine. 

Thankfully the Evorel Conti does tend to get me busy in the latter part of the month.  ;D