Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS  (Read 2721 times)

KarineT

Re: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »

Of course I do get physical symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, sometimes headaches, burning skin, the occasional hot flush, night sweats & chills.  But the anxiety and low mood are hard to control.  Also  sometimes I feel lost, vulnerable, worrying too much, worrying that this will never stop and that I'm condemned for the rest of my life.. 

Uptick

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »

I had a 10 month gap :sigh:

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »

Uptick - did they come back regularly after the 10 month gap?  My wife's gap before this one was also 10 months  :(.  Are you on HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »

It is what it is.  Nature takes menopause to extremes sometimes  :-\

Uptick

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 03:52:24 PM »

Uptick - did they come back regularly after the 10 month gap?  My wife's gap before this one was also 10 months  :(.  Are you on HRT?

Thank goodness, no! This was the last one. I'm not on HRT yet, still weighing the pros and cons.

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 04:44:23 PM »

And how long ago was your last one....... :o

yep - pros and cons of HRT = minefield. :-\

Uptick

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »

Four years ago. I just hope it's not too late to take HRT if needs be. I've been managing the hot flushes with fan, ice packs, avoiding caffeine, spicy food, etc. The other unpleasant menopausal symptoms are less bothersome now, but I know things can deteriorate later on. I'm particularly worried about osteoporosis, because my mum had it. On the other hand there are breast cancer cases both maternal and paternal sides, definitely a minefield. I'm very excited about a new non-hormonal drug called NT-814. There's only one more trial phase to go and the results are promising regarding hot flushes, night sweats and a 'wider range of symptoms'. The British company responsible for the drug, KaNDy, has just been acquired by gigantic Bayer, which means they're confident.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »

Osteoporosis : eating a diet rich in dairy from an early age helps.  As does regular brisk walking, 10 mins. daily.  [weather allowing  ;)].  Skipping anyone  ;)

Quality of Life ?

Uptick

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »

Hi GetStuffedPeri, how are you doing?

sueyvern

• First Flush
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »

Ooh 8 months is nothing. I did 11 months and thought that was it. Gave all my stock of tampons etc away and came on the following day.
Be warned tricky business this I had couple of occasions when I was fine and stood up and whoosh from nowhere so just be prepared. I'm 60 now. 6 years since my last one

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »

Hi Uptick - this is about my wife, not me (I'm peri but nowhere near her stage!) - she's ok ish thank you.  She bit the bullet and started patches last week...........we live in hope.............and a bit of terror to be honest  ::) How are you doing?

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 11:24:00 AM »

sueyvern - that sounds bloody grim you poor thing!  You jinxed it by giving your stuff away  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »

Sorry I didn't answer your query - if ladies have ovaries removed it may be possible that a tiny piece is left which can still activate.  Apparently ovaries shrivel too ..... I've never been aware of mine.

Hopefully all goes well!

I remember well that if I threw away a shorthand notebook I would need to refer to it the very next day  :-\.  I think I kept mine for 5+ years, in case.

Pumpkin55

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2020, 09:17:57 PM »

I went six months twice, then period. Then I went 15 months without a period, and now three on the trot! Yep, 15 months. And the gynae said I now have to set back to zero!!!!!

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2020, 04:58:21 PM »

Pumpkin55 - sounds bloody awful for you!  Are you on HRT?
Pages: 1 [2] 3