Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS  (Read 2720 times)

KarineT

Re: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 05:30:13 PM »

I went six months twice, then period. Then I went 15 months without a period, and now three on the trot! Yep, 15 months. And the gynae said I now have to set back to zero!!!!!
Hi,  if you don't mind me asking, were you under or over 50 when it happened both times?  I will be 50 in October this year and I haven't had a period since January this year.  I'm worried that the same thing might happen to me.  I'm very surprised that your periods came back 15 months later because they say that 12 months without a period is a menopause marker.  That's very annoying when you really want this crappy menopause to be over and done with sooner rather than later.
Karine

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »

Hi Karine. If it helps between the age of 51 and 53 I went 6 months without a period then they became regular for a while again and then another nine months without a period before resorting to HRT. Everyone is different.

Taz x

KarineT

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 07:04:43 PM »

So, Taz, because of the HRT you may not not if you're postmeno.

Taz2

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »

I've been on HRT for 13 years now and at the age of 66  I'm post meno but I have no idea at what age I would have become that naturally.

Taz x  :D

Pumpkin55

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 09:42:26 PM »

No I'm not. Been seriously considering it this past week as have had an horrendous time - chills, nausea, off the scale sudden exhaustion, mega anxiety attacks (haven't had these before, never had these symptoms with menstruation) but today I had a great day, just as I was at my wits end, so I'm going to try and see if I can get through it.....

Pumpkin55

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2020, 09:55:02 PM »

Hi Karine, yes I was over 50. I had my first of this run of three periods in late May, when I was 53,  having had none for 15 months. Immediately before that I'd had a six-month free spell, and before that another six-month free spell.  So I guess I was 51 when my first spells without periods started.
Pages: 1 2 [3]