Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS  (Read 2720 times)

GetStuffedPeri

8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS
« on: August 16, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »

8 months..........things starting to ever so slightly improve.........hopeful that getting through this without HRT possible.......

Then this morning happened.

One wipe after a wee and bright red blood, then one blob of white mucus.  That was first thing, and nothing since.  After 8 MONTHS.  F this.  I know the clock needs to be reset. 

Hate isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about menopause.

Happy Sunday folks!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 8 months without a period and then HELLO today - FFS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »

Do you have vaginal atrophy - does it look and feel like a period would?  Do you have a dry area that has bled on contact?

Otherwise: yep, back to zero  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »

Annoying isn't it? I went nine months twice without a period and gave up at 53 and started HRT due to sweats and atrophy. I feel your frustration!

Taz x

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 04:05:10 PM »

CLKD - no VA, definitely fresh period blood, if even with only one wipe. Back to day 1 and it’s GUTTING!

Taz - did the HRT improve things for you? What are you taking, if you don’t mind me asking? Thank you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::)

How do you feel, other than annoyed ..........

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 04:31:16 PM »

This post is actually about my wife (with her consent of course!). I’m also female, peri, but she’s years ahead of me and this is her third period since Feb 2018. How is she feeling?! She’s pretty irritable, super emotional, noise and smell sensitive tonight and has really itchy skin and eyes. It’s like a period turns back the clock to the beginning of this. I thought period equalled presence of estrogen, therefore woman feeling better?! Never my wife - a period tells us that things will now be awful again for months. I know it’s only one bit of blood but for god sake - the change in symptoms  :-\ she’s been really trying to avoid HRT but I’m not sure if it maybe time.....up to her obviously.....

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »

Hormones rise and fall as the ovaries still kick in occasionally, even if most of the ovary has been removed. She might not feel as bad this time. 

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 08:10:19 PM »

Taz - did the HRT improve things for you? What are you taking, if you don’t mind me asking? Thank you  :)

Yes it completely hot rid of the hot sweats which were drenching me every 20 minutes and the VA was also banished! Also aching muscles and stiff painful joints improved loads. I'm on Evorel 50 now as I don't need progesterone as I had a hysterectomy in 2014. I've been on Evorel Sequi and conti in the past and also FemSeven sequi and conti too. I'm 66 now and have been on it for 13 years.

Taz x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 09:54:59 PM »

I had a 8 month gap too!

KarineT

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »

This is horrible and I'm worried this might happen to me too.  I haven"t had a period since January this year and I do want this thing to be over and done with soon.  The sooner the better.  I don't know about men but we, women, we are plague by this nonsense.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 11:06:11 AM »

Hi Karine. What exactly are you wanting to be over? Each stage brings different symptoms. Many of us have found that the longer you can hang on to periods the better even though they are inconvenient and painful. Don't look too far ahead.

Taz x    :hug:

KarineT

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »

I want to reach postmenopause so, hopefully, the symptoms will go away.  I am not talking about physical symptoms but low mood and anxiety.  These are the two symptoms I can do away with.  I'm still peri at the moment and I do hope that these symptoms won't go on well past postmenopause.

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »

Hi Karine

Do you not suffer with physical symptoms at all?  No flushes, itchy skin, night sweats, tinnitus etc etc?  Sounds like you're doing something right (not playing down the significance of the debilitating low mood and anxiety though). 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »

I would happily have continued with periods if it didn't mean the constant maintenance of trying to keep VA under control that peri and post meno has given me.

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »

CLKD - when you say "even if most of the ovary has been removed", do you mean it can naturally dissolve?  My wife hasn't had any surgical/hormonal intervention at all.  Thanks  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3