Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Using Femoston 1/10 as conti  (Read 731 times)

Loubylou

Using Femoston 1/10 as conti
« on: August 21, 2020, 12:11:36 PM »

Hello ladies
I'm in my 30s and post menopausal. I have tried HRT in forms of birth control pill,to Elleste and also bio identical patches and gels. I struggled with utrogestan.

Anyway I started on femoston 1/10 and felt great on the last 2 weeks (oestrogen & progesterone combined) but feel awful and tired on just the only oestrogen parts. I think because my own levels are so low it creates a big imbalance.

My question...I know that the Femoston 1/5 is combined all the way through but that dose isnt high enough for me due to my age. So, could I just take the 1/10 combined pills throughout?

Dotty

Re: Using Femoston 1/10 as conti
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 12:56:01 PM »

Hi Femoston 1/10 and Femoston Conti 1/5 contain the same amount of oestrogen. It is the progesterone that is a different amount. Do you need more progesterone due to your age ? X

Loubylou

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »

Dotty, thank you for your reply. I was just told that this dose was better?

I just know that this progesterone and dose has been the only one that has not seriously affected me. So I wanted to take the combined pills only. I could do that for 21 days then have a period. It mimics the 21 day combined bcp then.

I just dont know if this is allowed or ok?!

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 02:01:11 PM »

Hi I’m not sure about that. The only tablet I know that is taken on a long cycle is Tridestra. X

Loubylou

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

Dotty I saw in a previous post that you use utrogestan for 25 days per month.

Thst is what would like to try but with the femoston 1/10 combined pills.

I have tried utrogestan and it doesnt agree with me. After years of trying different types I feel fine on femoston combined pills. The progesterone they use has no bad side effects. They only have 14 of the combined pills in each pack so I would have to use more than 1 pack.

If progesterone for 25 days works for you then hopefully it will for me too despite it coming from a different pill x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »

Hi I use utrogestan every day now as up to date guidance is to use it every day for post menopause. X