Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot supplies  (Read 772 times)

helenmelon

Estradot supplies
« on: August 16, 2020, 12:56:44 PM »

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if Estradot 75 is available again ? I was moved on to Estrogel, but my symptoms have returned over the last 3 months  ::)

Thanks 😊

Julia Dizzy

Re: Estradot supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »

Hi helonmelon,
I picked up a script on Friday from the chemist for Estradot 25 which they ordered in....I know its not your dosage but would appear to be in stock?
I too have been on the gel for months now and still having hot flushes, so am hoping the patch will be better!

Good luck!

helenmelon

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 11:13:34 AM »

Thank you Julia,
I’ve just had a message from the surgery saying my prescription will be available on Thursday  :
Strange that the gel isn’t good for either of us? When I first had to have the gel I thought it was better than the patches but over the last couple of months it just doesn’t seem to have been working and now not only my hot flushes and night sweats have returned but also my stomach issues that I had before starting HRT 3 years ago.
I’ve had 3 years feeling good and now feel like I am back to the beginning and my GP has suggested I have an endoscopy which is what I ended up having 3 years ago. I don’t understand why GPs don’t look at the bigger picture, I’m sure most of my current problems are hormonal.

Sorry to rant on Julia  ;D and thanks for your reply

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »

Hi helenmelon, who knows whether the gel suits us, there seem to be so many ladies on here struggling to find the right regime and dose of HRT.

The gel which I was on for 10 months did seem to reduce the dreaded hot flushes, but didn't see any improvement in wellbeing, anxiety still through the roof and I too have had gastric problems and heartburn, for which I am on double omeprazole daily. Still got joint aches and pains so I guess its not a magic formula for everyone. I've not had an endoscopy but think I may need one in the future as its not going away?

I hope the patches help some of your symptoms, I am on a very low dose but will trial it for 3 months and then review.

Hope all goes well for you, and this forum is great for a vent and a rant!!