Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post-menopause tiredness  (Read 1775 times)

Noheroicsplease

Post-menopause tiredness
« on: August 31, 2020, 03:22:03 PM »

Hi all,

I'm six months off HRT and post menopausal.

I've been tired throughout the entire peri journey - but my sleep is largely bad.

But now, I feel like I'm tired A LOT. Like I could go to sleep in the afternoon and at 7pm!

It's really bothering me. I guess it's the emptying out of estrogen but what can I do about it?

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post-menopause tiredness
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:56:08 PM »

Hi!  when did you last have a blood test for VitD levels and thyroid function? 

Crashing fatigue is awful.  Suddenly tired.  Sudden need to sleep which when it happens 2 me, I can't avoid.  How is your diet overall?

C.C.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 05:38:31 PM »

I agree with the other ladies, get your thyroid checked.  I'm post meno too.  I do get tired and feeling like a need a nap but I'm just putting that down to old age ;D...kidding!
 I had my thyroid out 15 years ago (due to a goiter) so my med levels are monitored by my GP 2x a year. I was also hypothyroid for a long time, even from my teens, feeling tired and lethargic.  I wasn't diagnosed til I was in my late 20's. Should have gotten my thyroid checked alot sooner than I did. 

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 06:01:01 AM »

Hi all,

I have had my thyroid checked - privately. Full panel. Was a tiny bit sluggish but nothing to pin tiredness on.

It's not crashing fatigue - although I do have that at times - it's just general tiredness.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:26:22 AM »

Sluggish might be the reason? If it waxes and wanes even slightly?

My head feels tired all the while due to the medication I am on.  Also the body can be tired with headaches if dehydrated.

Do you have trouble waking?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »

Sorry to hear this noheroicsplease. It could be general hormone depletion including low testosterone as well as low oestrogen but you would not want to replace the former without the latter. It's difficult for me to comment because the longest I've been off HRT was 3 months and that is nearly 10 years ago now!

Have you asked the doc for full blood count etc - there are all sorts of non-menopausal reasons for this sort of tiredness?

Hope you manage to find out the cause and a way to alleviate the tiredness.

Hurdity x

C.C.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »

noheroicsplease- Have you had your iron levels checked?

charliegirl

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 01:30:38 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I notice you are still on HRT.  I was wondering if my symptoms were also a drop in hormone levels  at my age. A couple of weeks back I had what can only be described as pmt symptoms along with night/hot sweats, and the desperate need to eat something as my blood sugar was low. I then had a severe crash in  fatigue/mood overnight. Could low hormones be responsible even though I am 68? I have ovaries, but no womb. Thank you.